WISH-TV debuts FX Group set

fxgroup

WISH says here that they also got new Giant Octopus graphics and new music from 615. I haven't seen it yet (d'oh!) but the folks over at the Radio Info board for Indiana say that these look more like refreshes than replacements.

jim

The set was built in phases. FX built a few areas about a year ago and we added to that work in this round. This is similar to what we did at WESH-TV in Orlando, Fla. — the WeatherPlus center was done first, followed by the main set a year later.

The old GO package WISH had was horrible. This one is pretty nice. I like the new typefaces they're using -- still narrow to get more text in, but somehow more readable than what they used before. The test was this morning when I watched Daybreak on the 13" TV in my bedroom and I could actually read the text in the L3s from across the room. I'm still getting used to the giant 8 flying out at me with the next element in the bottom loop of the 8, though.

Seems like they're moving away from the "Back Home Again in Indiana" signature in their music and toward the standard In-Sink signature. I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I liked the "Back Home Again" signature over Counterpoint, but it was a real stretch to fit it into In-Sink.

WISH says here that they also got new Giant Octopus graphics and new music from 615. I haven't seen it yet (d'oh!) but the folks over at the Radio Info board for Indiana say that these look more like refreshes than replacements.

jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GBCzwbrPio

Those are nice... too bad Ava's crap on the screen takes away from it a little bit. Music is nice too.

Top Notch job to FX Group. I had a distinct feeling that the new set backdrop would actually be a huge screen TV with Blueish graphics! Maybe just a hunch of mine

I would like to actually ask FX Group a question. Other than the obvious shot changes that happened with the newscasts before the new set was unveiled, meaning how they weren't showing the Forecast Center, and was basically just tight shots of the anchor desk, but one small thing I noticed that tipped me off that there was a set change afoot was that a small horizontal panel that bordered the Newsroom backdrop pic behind the anchors was missing. Yet I didn't remember seeing any other major parts of the main anchor set missing. I was wondering why that of all things was that was removed weeks before the set change happened? I know it's small, but just curious is all.

Not sure if I made it clear which part I'm talking about, but just curious.

Thanks

According to the account manager who handled this project, WISH relocated the old set to a secondary studio before FX began installation, but not all parts of the set were moved.

• 2 months later...

Oddly, or maybe not, that music is very similar to their sister station to the north, WANE TV in Fort Wayne.

WANE has actually been using the same music packages as WISH for the past 10 years or so now. WISH would get a package, then WANE would get it a couple of years later when they would update everything.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize topics were off limits after a certain time frame passed. Obviously the WISH music is sore spot with you. :)

It is not! I personally like wish's music, In-Sink V4 was made for wish.

Archived