New look to ESPN?

clind

Channel surfing this Saturday, I turned over to ESPN and they seem to have a whole new look on their first channel, have I just not been paying attention or have they gone through and redone the graphics? Also, is this just due to special coverage?

Anyway, here's a capture.......

espnnew.png

They used that same L-bar during last year's draft. :p

Well, I guess I didn't mean the L-bar, but the scroller being used, the logo seems a touch larger and the white in the scroller doesn't seem like the normal background, which appears to be black seeing ESPN2

They used that same L-bar during last year's draft. :p

Well, I guess I didn't mean the L-bar, but the scroller being used, the logo seems a touch larger and the white in the scroller doesn't seem like the normal background, which appears to be black seeing ESPN2

They usually do that when they have special programming or news alerts.

They have been rolling out the MNF style cylinder graphics to the NBA, MLB, AFL, and NASCAR. The next "big event" is the college championships next month so we'll see if they use it then. We might also see them when college football starts.

If it means anything, ESPN.com has been using a form of the new graphics on some of its video highlights, so maybe a new Sportscenter GFX package is coming up based on the MNF graphics?

Archived