GOOD DAY ANCHORS SHAKE-UP SOON ?

essentials

Is FOX Chicago management testing the waters to shake-up its embarrassing morning show ? In recent weeks the anchor team of Corey McPherrin and Anna Davlantes have been filling in on the noon show. This was never done in the past. Station insiders speculate that might be the dumping ground for the anchor duo that's proved to be a high cost dud! GM Mike Renda, in an interview a few weeks ago , that tv insiders seemed like a p-r piece to save his job, admitted the show did see some small growth (FLUKE) but it is far from where it needs to be. The anchor changes will have been in place for almost a year now and the "expected ratings success" outcome never happened..

Helping to fuel the speculation is the past 3 weeks of ratings that seem to actually be getting worse. Its competitors are actually seeing the reverse , major growth. At one point the show saw hash marks for 30 minutes. Other insiders feel the passing test will be November. By then a new set will be in place. If there is no competitive improvement then look for a change - fast.

Under Mike Renda the show has seen 3 ep's , 2 anchor team chnages, and multi-formats that have not worked. However this latest change seems to be the worst.

Right now Good Day Chicago ranks last among FOX station morning shows.

Also with its troubled 9PM newscast at it's lowest level in the 21-plus years WFLD has been on the air , there is no time to waste anymore.

Maybe that's why Renda reiterated in that interview , "I think my bosses get it takes time, I think they understand."

Below is a Friday sample of just how bad it is.

GD DY CHGO@430

_0.2_1.6_14.6

GD DY CHGO @ 5

Is FOX Chicago management testing the waters to shake-up its embarrassing morning show? In recent weeks the anchor team of Corey McPherrin and Anna Davlantes have been filling in on the noon show. This was never done in the past. Station insiders speculate that might be the dumping ground for the anchor duo that's proved to be a high cost dud!

Did they sub for Patrick and Jan for an entire week or just a day or two? If it was the latter, that may not mean much. I don't think both of them (Patrick/Jan) are off at the same time very often and usually anchor solo when the another one is off/on-assignment. It could be a promotional move to showcase Corey and Anna outside of the GDC format.

If any changes happen, they likely won't occur until after the set is finished (Mid/Late-July) or Mid-August (the 1-yr mark since Corey and Anna were re-assigned to GDC). But you never really know with WFLD.

Archived