Looks Like "KCRA 3 Reports" Is Being Phased Out

RCA TK47

After years and years (probably close to 50+!!!) it looks like KCRA is slowly phasing out the "Reports" in their newscast branding. New talent opens and promos now refer to the newscasts as "KCRA 3 News" instead of "KCRA 3 Reports". I think using the "Reports" branding was a nice moniker that set them apart from the rest of the stations in Sacramento. But time marches on I guess, and locality is a thing of the past. :(

I wonder how long it will take a competing station to jump on the "Reports" branding? CBS13 Reports? News10 Reports? LOL

I have always loved the "Reports" branding. The "News" branding has been overused to death and in my view has very little credibility now. So the "Reports" branding really does separate themselves and I'm disappointed that they are getting rid of it. I hope it doesn't get moved to another stations because "Reports" is KCRA.

They shouldn't...KCRA is probably one of the few vestiges of quality television news.

Not lately, almost every dang newscast has started with the BREAKING NEWS or DEVELOPING STORY banner... Even when it's not a real big news event. KCRA is quickly becoming one of the worst 'breaking news' offenders in Sactown. I'm not sure why they're changing things; if it aint broke, don't try to fix it. And Kellie MacMullan, does she smoke a pack of Marlboros a day? Sure sounds like it. Plus they'll throw in the words FIRST ALERT in some breaking news stories for good measure. The newscasts almost sound like an infomercial for smoke detectors!

723635L.jpg

Archived