NBC 5's "Studio 5" Official Pointless

lazynetjunkie

Well, now that the Marilyn Monroe statue is finally unveiled on Pioneer Plaza just outside NBC 5's "Studio 5", The whole west side window of the studio (that actually faces the plaza) had to be blocked with a graphic panel so you don't see up Marilyn Monroe's skirt during the newscast.. I normally don't watch NBC 5 so I don't know how long that wall has been up but is there even a point to broadcasting from that studio anymore if there is no more window view? Nobody stands outside that studio anymore anyways. Might as well stick to the newsroom..

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/07/15/marilyn-monroe-sculpture-drawing-controversy-on-mag-mile/?utm_source=home&utm_medium=dl&utm_campaign=art-or-peepshow (too much work to actually try to find the story off nbcchicago.com)

After 7 years, it may be time to shut the place down, but I just don't see that happening. It's part of the station's 'tv history of firsts' which is likely why the still use it and more so than the newsroom studio (to justify the associated costs).

It would be nice if they did a total studio renovation however. The space offers a lot of potential they have never taken advantage of.

After 7 years, it may be time to shut the place down, but I just don't see that happening. It's part of the station's 'tv history of firsts' which is likely why the still use it and more so than the newsroom studio (to justify the associated costs).

It would be nice if they did a total studio renovation however. The space offers a lot of potential they have never taken advantage of.

Both studios need a total renovation.. Almost everything at that joint needs a change of some sort. However, that won't happen. Not with current management. Not until Larry Wert and "friends" get the boot. The NBC O&O's are supposed to be investing into their stations again.. Not seeing one sign of that at WMAQ. As long as he's still there, it's still going to be the cheap bastard station. Hiring friends, not hiring people who would truly try to better the place.

Is WMAQ the only NBC O&O still using the "Weather Plus" name and logo?

Archived