KYW weather team changes

T.L. Hughes

Katie Fehlinger, currently the weekend morning weather anchor at WCBS in New York City, is moving to KYW-TV in September as the station's weekday morning meteorologist. The station's chief meteorologist Kathy Orr, a 20-year veteran at CBS 3, to will cut back her time on-air to just the 10 p.m. newscast on WPSG and KYW's 11 p.m. newscast. Kate Bilo, the current weekday morning meteorologist, will now appear on the 5 and 6 p.m. newscasts. Fehlinger is joining CBS 3 after having only worked at WCBS since this past April.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/2011/08/01/52911/kyw-philadelphia-expands-weather-team

Interesting to note Fehlinger and Bilo both worked at State College-based AccuWeather a few years ago, and appeared as on-camera meteorologists for The AccuWeather Channel (which formerly aired on WPVI channel 6.3 as Action News Now).

WOW! Not something I expected at all. I'm interested in hearing if this was Orr's choice or if she was pushed. That replacement was probably outright specified from New York tho.

For the record, I'm glad Kate is getting promoted. She's new but she's impressed me so far - she seems to know her stuff and will handle the new gig well I think.

Well according to a press release from CBS3 it is Kathy's choice, but it wouldn't be the first time they bent the truth. I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed her towards cutting back her schedule. Like all those "retirements" that happened a few years back within a few months of one another. With Dave Roberts retired and Kathy getting a smaller schedule, if I were Glenn I'd be nervous.

I think Glenn's the one guy who'd WANT a cut in shifts, cause he works the 4, 5,6,7,10, and 11pm newscasts.

Does he do that everyday? I thought Michelle did some of those newscasts three days a week.

• 1 month later...

Archived