A FOX affliate calling itself Eyewitness News (or Action News)?

newsteam13

Interesting how FOX affiliates use the newscast titles, which are usually reserved for major network affiliates.

I do know that after the FOX network bought New World stations in 1994; these three former CBS affiliates (WJBK, WTVT and WAGA) held onto the Eyewitness News title a little whole longer. First, it was Eyewitness News Primetime, then it was FOX----Eyewitness News; both before just being called FOX-----News.

Even at WALA in Mobile, Alabama; after leaving NBC, Channel 10 called themselves FOX 10 Action News.

WJW was bought by FOX in 1994, turning CBS over to WOIO. When Channel 8 was bought by FOX, WJW held on to the NewsCenter 8 title a little while longer (they called themselves NewsCenter 8 Primetime)

Okay ... if this is the topic I think you're discussing (Fox affiliates using titles that aren't Fox (Channel Number) News) ... WNAC's WPRI-produced 10pm news is "Eyewitness News First on Fox Providence" (thenagain, would this count since this is WPRI's duopoly?)

Okay ... if this is the topic I think you're discussing (Fox affiliates using titles that aren't Fox (Channel Number) News) ... WNAC's WPRI-produced 10pm news is "Eyewitness News First on Fox Providence" (thenagain, would this count since this is WPRI's duopoly?)

The same argument could be made down in Jacksonville, in which WAWS shares the same "Action News" moniker with WTEV.

Archived