WRTV, KMGH, KGTV and KERO-TV Officially Scripps Stations

IndyNewsGuy

It appears that as of noon WRTV, KMGH, KGTV and KERO-TV are now officially apart of the EW Scripps Television Group. WRTV posted the following story on their website www.TheIndyChannel.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- McGraw-Hill on Friday completed the sale of WRTV and other television stations in Colorado and California to E.W. Scripps.

The planned sale of the stations was first announced in June, and Scripps reached an agreement in October to purchase the stations.

Scripps paid $212 million for the group that totals nine stations, including four ABC affiliates and five affiliates of Azteca America.

"I thank the talented men and women of these stations for their valuable contributions to McGraw-Hill and know they are joining a respected media organization where they will continue delivering news, insights and entertainment," said Harold McGraw III, Chairman, President and CEO of The McGraw-Hill Companies.

Cincinnati-based Scripps owns several ABC stations, including those in Cincinnati, Cleveland and Detroit.

Rich Boehne, president and CEO of E.W. Scripps, said he's excited to have RTV6 and the other stations join his company.

“The McGraw-Hill stations fit well with our strategy to create economic value through high-quality news and information content that serves both consumers and advertisers through linear television and the exploding array of digital communication devices," Boehne said.

The EW Scripps Website also now lists the MGH 4 on the website under local brands they own....

.......Now as I type this at 1:00pm, WRTV is the only station (Of the 4) with the "E.W. Scripps" tag on their website. It did not appear at the end of WRTV's Noon Newscast "6News at Noon" , it still read "© 2011 McGraw-Hill Companies". We shall see what changes by their newscasts this evening.

ALSO as said before, there will be no staff changes at the stations, ALL contracts will be honored.

AS for branding it appears they will remain as they have been "6News on ABC/RTV6", "7News on Denver's 7", "10News on ABC10" and "ABC23 News on ABC23."

Website formats could change but, who knows...Brandings will most likely remain as there is no need to change them.

All 16 of the Scripps Owned Stations will be standardized with NEW Graphics, however they will NOT be the current ones being used by Scripps. The Designs on the graphics and when you will see them is still yet to be handled, as the sale was just completed today, so don't expect to see any changes when you turn on your TV. The New design will refelct all the stations, because as you can imagine, not every station likes the current Scripps Graphics.

As for music....No word on that MGH does have a contract with Gari through 2015. My Hope is that the stations are standarized with damn good graphics, ones that actually match the station's color scheme (Seriously WXYZ has a Blue logo with Brown Graphics....Who lied and said that matched?) and I hope Scripps can strike a deal with Gari to let the station pick which ever theme they like, kinda they way Raycom does. They use the same graphics, but they are rendered to the stations individual color scheme and they use music of their choice from Gari.

Your Thought?

Any word as to whether or not KMGH will get new call letters?

Based on the impression I get from Scripps.com, it doesnt look like it. Only change I'm expecting is new graphics (Details Soon) and possibly new website format (But thats just Specualtion).

Based on the impression I get from Scripps.com, it doesnt look like it. Only change I'm expecting is new graphics (Details Soon) and possibly new website format (But thats just Specualtion).

I hope that they get new websites.

WRTV mentioned that sale on the 7PM News with Anchor Todd Conner explaining the sale and saying "We will continue to provide the same commitment and serrvice to the community as we have for the past 60 years. E.W. Scripps will assume full power of WRTV and all 9 of our sister stations tomorrow."

Archived