WISH in Indianapolis looses 2 on-air talent

Daybreak

http://www.mediabist...4333#more-34333

At WISH in Indianapolis fired an investigative reporter Brad Edwards and did not renewed morning anchor Joy Dumandan. They said it was for money issues. I wonder if they are going to put newly hired weekday morning reporter and weekend morning anchor Lauren Lowery as new morning co-anchor. She has been filling in lately and seems very comfortable with the other on air morning team. Any comments???

Woah...Who thought we would be saying this...WISH-TV is the new WRTV from 2000 when they got rid of all of the "stars". Maybe with Scripps bringing in new cash flow at WRTV maybe that is the place to go. After all WRTV under McGraw-Hill was underfed finacially, so I'm 100% sure more money is being pumped into Channel 6. Did Joy get to sign-off or was this post-Daybreak announced?

I do not think so. Just saw this today and it caught my attention. Hopefully they will let her sign off because she was there since 2000, if I'm not mistaken. She is a real good anchor and I am sure she would be hired within the 3 months.

I think Lauren will become the new anchor, she has a lot of chemistry with Scott, and she is very personable. . I'm kind of disappointed to see Joy go. As for Brad Edwards, I wasn't a fan of him. Joy's bio is still up on their page, where Brad's was taken down immediately. Also, I wouldn't call it getting rid of ALL their stars. I would consider Debby, Eric, Karen, and David Barras to be their stars. Speaking of Barras, where has he been?

TVSpy has a new report...

Jeff White, the general manager at WISH in Indianapolis, says reporter Brad Edwards was not fired because his salary was too high.

“I can confirm that Brad was let go, but it wasn’t done for financial reasons,” White told the Indianapolis Business Journal. “We are actively looking to replace Brad and are looking forward to adding to our staff.”

Edwards was dismissed from the Indianapolis CBS-affiliate last week with more than a year left on his contract. He told TVSpy that his dismissal was “as mundane as money.”

White, who would not elaborate on the conditions behind Edwards’ departure, said the station has already begun a search for two reporters who will replace Edwards. He also said Joy Dumandan, another WISH anchor who was rumored to have been fired, is still with the station. She was on vacation last week.

“We feel the move we’ve made will be best for our station and our viewers,” White said.

Edwards declined to address White’s comments, telling TVSpy via email “sometimes it’s best to say nothing at all.”

“I wish my WISHers the best, I’m humbled by the outpouring and now I’m eager to serve elsewhere,” Edwards wrote.

I agree with this person's comment: "So wait, read the article. It wasn't financial but they're going to replace him with 2/3 reporters..."

TVSpy has a new report...

Jeff White, the general manager at WISH in Indianapolis, says reporter Brad Edwards was not fired because his salary was too high.

“I can confirm that Brad was let go, but it wasn’t done for financial reasons,” White told the Indianapolis Business Journal. “We are actively looking to replace Brad and are looking forward to adding to our staff.”

Edwards was dismissed from the Indianapolis CBS-affiliate last week with more than a year left on his contract. He told TVSpy that his dismissal was “as mundane as money.”

White, who would not elaborate on the conditions behind Edwards’ departure, said the station has already begun a search for two reporters who will replace Edwards. He also said Joy Dumandan, another WISH anchor who was rumored to have been fired, is still with the station. She was on vacation last week.

“We feel the move we’ve made will be best for our station and our viewers,” White said.

Edwards declined to address White’s comments, telling TVSpy via email “sometimes it’s best to say nothing at all.”

“I wish my WISHers the best, I’m humbled by the outpouring and now I’m eager to serve elsewhere,” Edwards wrote.

I agree with this person's comment: "So wait, read the article. It wasn't financial but they're going to replace him with 2/3 reporters..."

I was wondering why Joy's bio was still on the site. Glad to hear she is still there.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Lauren will become the new anchor, she has a lot of chemistry with Scott, and she is very personable. . I'm kind of disappointed to see Joy go. As for Brad Edwards, I wasn't a fan of him. Joy's bio is still up on their page, where Brad's was taken down immediately. Also, I wouldn't call it getting rid of ALL their stars. I would consider Debby, Eric, Karen, and David Barras to be their stars. Speaking of Barras, where has he been?

that Lauran Lowery is sucking up and got that girls job.. How in the world do you come in off the street NEVER do any street reports but ALL OF A SUDDEN YOUR THE ACHOR.. you take the place of a woman that's been there since 01.. give me a break we know what happen that got Joy fired, LAURAN

that Lauran Lowery is sucking up and got that girls job.. How in the world do you come in off the street NEVER do any street reports but ALL OF A SUDDEN YOUR THE ACHOR.. you take the place of a woman that's been there since 01.. give me a break we know what happen that got Joy fired, LAURAN

Lauren was a reporter for the morning show and weekend morning anchor for about a year now. Before that she was the morning co-anchor at WTOL for about 3 and 1/2 years so she is qualified for the job. At least they didn't get some one from another station that you never seen before.

Archived