WGAL New Studio B

susquvalleywgal

As I stated in the Shoutbox ... WGAL, for the first time since 1995, will return to the famed Studio B. The studio was stripped clean and rebuilt from the ground up. The studio is set to debut Sunday night, after the Super Bowl and The Voice.

Here is what we know about the new Studio B, as of now:

• The studio is FX built.
  • Dimensions of the studio is 40' by 50', making it the biggest studio in the Susquehanna Valley.
  • Unlike most FX sets, the studio/set seems to be full 360 ... there are several areas, including a L shaped anchor desk, which I assume will be used for interviews.
  • The new set was delivered to WGAL back in December, and the planning has been on-going, for at least 2 years.

WGAL is airing promos like crazy for this. At least 1 30-second promo every hour. Also, today during News 8 at Noon, it seemed as if the weather report was being done in Studio B, but just using the green screen.

Here is the new section to wgal.com, showing tons of pictures.

http://www.wgal.com/newstudio/index.html

This is a very exciting time for the Susquehanna Valley ... First, FOX43 went HD and got a nice studio, then ABC27 tried to do a reburbished studio ... Now WGAL will show the rest how it is done. Sunday night can't come soon enough.

Comment as you see fit.

-- Matt

Well, Studio B did make it's premiere after The Voice last night.

The link here will take you to a slide show WGAL put together.

http://www.wgal.com/slideshow/news/30373946/detail.html

Overall, it is pretty good. Only quip I have is the light color backgrounds behind the anchor desk. But other than that, very good.

-- Matt

Archived