New graphics coming to HLN's Morning Express?

Guest NewsHound

Guest NewsHound

During a Turner networks promo for the NCAA March Madness, I caught something odd and out of place. Clearly this is Robin Meade of HLN's Morning Express doing a spoof story on a fashion designer who makes dresses with the bracket design. However, look at the lowers used with Morning Express cut off to one side (this is how the commercial was shot, not my TV's aspect ratio). It is IDENTICAL to the CNN graphics and the same lowers that were used on American Morning.

img20120228205324.jpg

Do you think it's possible HLN is nixing the separation from CNN by introducing these on HLN OR is CNN's existing morning shows doing so poorly in ratings that Morning Express is making the big move to CNN? Only time will tell.

Thoughts?

or whoever works at the Turner graphics department wanted to use Meade in the commercial but probably saw the CNN morning graphics and said "hey, we'll use that'.

Given how disconnected the Turner channels are from each other, that's probably what happened. (Let alone Time Warner itself - I'm pretty sure "dysfunction and infighting" are company mottos.)

It was just a commercial. I guess they just wanted to make mock graphics on the cheap and figured it would be easily just to paint the CNN graphics in yellow and orange instead of making another set of mock graphics for HLN.

Archived