Landeros quits as Interim 9PM EP @ WFLD/ May 2012 Ratings

Jase

WFLD-

The search is on for a new weekday 9PM Executive Producer after Phil Landeros quit last Thursday after taking over for Mike Leiderman who left WFLD earlier this year. Landeros joined the station last year as EP for the weekend 9PM newscasts before taken over, on a interim basis, the 9PM weekday newscasts. Ray Aslam (Good Day Chicago) is the only EP currently left. Asst. ND Chris Myers will be leading the search for a new 9 PM EP.

Not sure what the game plan is at WFLD, but clearly nothing is working. I guess Schwartz (ND) is waiting to see what will happen with Renda (GM), but not making any changes is as equally harmful as leaving things as is. The 9PM newscast (2.3) is down a more than half a point from May of last year.

May 2012 Ratings-

http://reelchicago.c...-1-news-ratings

WLS remains on top with a 9 rating for May, more than 3 ratings points ahead of WBBM (5.8). WMAQ is third with 5.6. and at 9PM, WGN managed to pull a 4 rating, down from a 4.4 a year ago. Poor lead-ins likely a factor why WMAQ can't seem to hang on to 2nd place.

Seriously considering submitting a resume.

"I can't make things any worse!"

I may have to throw my hat in the ring as well. Also, an interesting nugget about WBBM's 2nd place finish.....

"You’d have to go back 22 years to find the last time WBBM-Channel 2 ranked No. 2 in the market from sign-on to sign-off during a May ratings period. But the CBS-owned station just did it again — and was the only local station to grow year-to-year in household ratings, according to Nielsen figures for May." -- Robert Feder

Congrats to WBBM. Yeah, they've had quite a history of ups and downs, but they're suddenly finding ways to gain back viewers. Well deserved!!!

As for the EP search at the already crippled WFLD, I have a neighbor who works at a DJ on a local radio station and has 17 years of broadcast experience, I'm not giving out his name, but when I told him this story, he informed me that he may possibly throw his name into the mix.

Not surprised about WBBM, their broadcasts to me are really close or even better than WLS'. I think everything about WLS is getting dated, and the newscasts just seem boring.

Otherwise, has anybody noticed some of the new breaking news, and live graphics they have started airing on CBS 2? I see a lot of resemblance between the NBC O&O gfx and those elements. (Not the whole package)

• 1 month later...

Archived