Breaking: WABC News Director Resigns

wabceyewitness

Here is the article..

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/wabc-news-director-stepping-down_b50068

I'm shocked and seems sudden.. I hope everything is ok with him. As for his replacement they have very fierce competition now from channel 2.. I hope they choose very carefully and someone that wont screw everything up.

For future reference, the current news director at WPVI is Tom Davis I believe. :p

Just kidding... well, kinda. If they didn't already move Carla Carpenter to SVP/Digital for the group, I'd say she's a candidate. But the progression always seems to be Philadelphia to New York, so...

Retirement would be an obvious decision, but the article quoted him writing that he decided to look “elsewhere for career challenges.”

Interestingly though, I remember a while back in the old forum, WABC fans who frequent the message boards mentioned that they didn't like him and he was going to be replaced. That never happened.

Archived