MORE Changes coming to PIX11?

nynewslover

http://corporate.tribune.com/pressroom/?page_id=2600

They are looking for a new morning anchor.. It seems like someone is leaving.. I know Frances Rivera is going on maternity leave but I don't think they would post a job offering like that to bring in someone for a few weeks.. Anyone know who is leaving or what's going on there now?

Yeah I like them.. They're pretty nice.. The open was actually pretty cool.. The ticker on the bottom is to fast though.

I agree on it being too fast. Looks like the dark area on the right in the ticker would be a placeholder for weather conditions for the morning newscasts. Their graphics match their new studio, but I don't know why they insist on staying in the newsroom at 10pm.

The news ticker is still not fixed, there's that odd empty dark space on the right and the PIX11 logo is not formatted for 4:3 screen safety.

On the SD center cut from the HD channel it says IX11 on the left.

They also need to get rid of the distracting animated background and make the color solid and darker.

Plus it's not need for the 5pm and 10pm newscasts.

aabtnuhF.jpg

The news ticker is still not fixed, there's that odd empty dark space on the right

The dark space is a place holder for weather conditions used on the morning news.

It was obvious from this morning newscast that they copied the ticker from CBSNY+ 2.2. However they were having trouble this morning because the ticker at first just started to count up numbers. Literally: 1, 2, 3, 4, ..... They forgot to place in the news content in the ticker.

As they got that fixed, the words in the ticker blocked the FORD logo. Very sloppy work.

It broke during the 5pm newscast around 5:40pm and was never back on screen.

All they used was lower third graphics. No PIX11 bug on screen.

At 10pm the lower thirds are not working and on screen is just a giant ugly box with the PIX11 logo in it. The box color is to bight.

aakqgJcd.jpg

PIX has the most problems with graphics of any NYC station.

Changes for the 5pm newscast,

they are still using the ugly giant box as a bug and have made the background darker.

I just don't like it. The logo does not have to be in a box.

They have removed the news ticker, which most stations only use for their AM newscasts, and have lowered the graphics.

aae78pSQ.jpg

Despite it's flaws, that ticker is probably the nicest graphic I've seen on WPIX in a long time. The lower thirds and that bug, not so much, but still an improvement over their graphics from when they debut the new format.

They need to polish the top of that desk. Gah.

What really SUCKS is that for some reason beyond any one that knows anything is that PIX News at 10 won an award..not sure exactly what it was for but I don't think there is any chance we will see a change coming to the content of the news.. The morning news is not much better watch it at 6:50 every morning and you will get a story that has to do with going to the bathroom or something about sex..they used to have an excellent team in the morning but now it just sucks.. I really hope they get rid of Bill Carey and bring in someone to change the station around but I think it might be to late.

Archived