CBS Philly Plus on 3.2- coming soon?

PhillyWatch

Noticed today that 3.2 was active with colorbars. My guide is showing the channel as "CBS Philly Plus". Anybody have any info on a launch?

And while we're at it, anybody have any info on the other colorbarred channels in town?- 51.2 has a "Soul of the South" scroll in the middle of theirs. I know a network promo was released via YouTube recently but was quickly taken down. Last I heard was a September-y launch, which is when I'm guessing we'll finally see something here. Channel 7 has had a website up for a while now, though it hasn't been updated and still shows "Soul of the South" in their (potential) channel lineup. [http://channel7phill...programming.php]

Very cool. I feel digital multicasting has been really underused in expanding stations' news product (I think a digital news subchannel would compliment FOX29's product nicely for some reason). I've only caught a bit so far, a c-net report and the 5pm top-of-the-hour local update (which was apparently recorded during the morning shift). As a news nerd, I'm loving the different little cuts of their theme that they're using during radar loops and traffic segments (also, cheers to the return of weather information after 6 and 10 gave their weather channels the boot). I'm interested to see how they incorporate their radio partners into the channel. I say simulcast Cataldi in mornings and Bissinger in afternoons, great cross promotion opportunity.

I also dig the "info-onslaught" presentation style. I was a big fan of the old CNN Headline News in the late 90's/early 00's, and the scroll and right-hand news block are great ways to keep getting general news while, say, a sports segment is airing in the video slot.

All-in-all, kudos to KYW & CBS for this new local news offering. Great use of a subchannel!

Very cool. I feel digital multicasting has been really underused in expanding stations' news product (I think a digital news subchannel would compliment FOX29's product nicely for some reason). I've only caught a bit so far, a c-net report and the 5pm top-of-the-hour local update (which was apparently recorded during the morning shift). As a news nerd, I'm loving the different little cuts of their theme that they're using during radar loops and traffic segments (also, cheers to the return of weather information after 6 and 10 gave their weather channels the boot). I'm interested to see how they incorporate their radio partners into the channel. I say simulcast Cataldi in mornings and Bissinger in afternoons, great cross promotion opportunity.

I also dig the "info-onslaught" presentation style. I was a big fan of the old CNN Headline News in the late 90's/early 00's, and the scroll and right-hand news block are great ways to keep getting general news while, say, a sports segment is airing in the video slot.

All-in-all, kudos to KYW & CBS for this new local news offering. Great use of a subchannel!

I agree all the way. I love what I saw, and would love to see it more in the future. And the theme? Different and I love a different theme.

Verizon isn't carrying it and my (admittedly ancient) HD video capture thingie isn't picking 3.2 up through Windows Media Center (downloading another software pkg tho). So I haven't been able to see it yet. Sounds promising.

EDIT: The other capture software is picking up 3.2 so I'll at least get a chance to post something.

Archived