WXIA Atlanta going O&O?

jeggleston

Proof that some people on Wikipedia are so ignorant when it comes to vandalism and sockpuppetry.

Speaking as a Wikipedia user (who typically backs up the stuff I write with physical evidence), this is also why they want statements to be backed up by valid references from other websites.

I'll tell you a few things:

1. They'd never drop 11 Alive (they dropped it for a bit, and clearly it was a failed experiment). If by the off chance NBC did buy it, they'd probably give it a logo like WCAU but with "Alive" under it in Gotham.

2. I don't think Gannett is in a selling mood. At all.

3. Look F is way better than the Gannett standard look.

I'll tell you a few things:

1. They'd never drop 11 Alive (they dropped it for a bit, and clearly it was a failed experiment). If by the off chance NBC did buy it, they'd probably give it a logo like WCAU but with "Alive" under it in Gotham.

2. I don't think Gannett is in a selling mood. At all.

3. Look F is way better than the Gannett standard look.

Agree with points 2 and 3, though if NBCUniversal did ever buy WXIA-TV (and it would probably make a perfect station to be an O&O if the opportunity ever did arise), I'm not sure I'd put it past them to try and drop the "11 Alive" branding a second time to match the "NBC (channel number)" scheme of its other O&O stations (minor exception for WVIT), though they'd run into the same issues with viewers that the station did when the "11 Alive" name was briefly dropped in '94 (though when the "11 Alive" branding removal/undo happened that year, Gannett was dropping the "Alive" branding on all stations that still used it, KOCO for example stopped calling itself "5 Alive" in favor of "Channel 5"/"5 News" at that time). Also, if NBCU did get WXIA, MyNetworkTV would have to look for a new home, *cough*WPCH "Peachtree TV"*cough*, since NBC would want to turn WATL into a Telemundo O&O.

The other deal is that NBC right now is not in a buying mode. They want to at least get the stations they currently own back up to a better standard before investing any more money into another news operation.

Archived