WHEC on the verge of getting new graphics?

13WHAMfan

I was looking at the website today for WHEC, and spotted this article with a new graphic image that I haven't seen before:

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2725539.shtml?cat=566

Generic_ITeam.jpg

They are in need of a new graphics package as they're still using the NBC arthouse graphics. The good news is that they're either in the process of or have changed over from ancient tape-to-tape editing to non-linear... I think they're making some big moves over there, since the new ND took over. They've also purchased a new live truck, which is one of those digital ones made out of a Subaru Forrester. I think that they are either going HD soon or they are getting a new graphics package, but I think that its about time this happens.

I doubt it...I mean...Look F is used exclusively on the O&O stations and NBC has showed us before in the past that they don't let ANY of their non O&O stations use an O&O package until they are about ready to debut a new one...see the Las Vegas and Nashville NBC affiliates for an example.

I doubt it...I mean...Look F is used exclusively on the O&O stations and NBC has showed us before in the past that they don't let ANY of their non O&O stations use an O&O package until they are about ready to debut a new one...see the Las Vegas and Nashville NBC affiliates for an example.

That's not a fact, that's just speculation.

I would be extremely surprised if they got look F, so I don't think it is going to be that. WNYT in Albany went HD earlier this year in April so perhaps they will take part of their graphics package. I'm not quite sure what graphics they use, but I've looked on YouTube and they seem pretty decent. WNYT is only Hubbard's 2nd station (after KTSP) to go HD... a few others of theirs have gone 16:9, but not HD. I have a feeling that this might be in the works at WHEC. Perhaps it will first be a transition to 16:9 and then maybe they'll go HD at a later date.

Archived