TBD has been Terminated

SterlingNorth

Ever since WJLA.com was resurrected, it had only been a matter of time before TBD (a jokey stand-in name given to it by editor Erik Wemple that never got replaced by any real name) got terminated. Two months ago, the last employee of the site left for another job. Long off its lofty heights of 35 employees, the site ran for these last two months as an aggregator of WJLA content. So, in making it official, TBD.com now redirects to WJLA.com. NewsChannel 8, which had also lost its website (and briefly, its name) to TBD, nonetheless does not get its separate website back. News8.net redirects to a subpage at WJLA.com.

As an aside, I have left the DC area some weeks back, and I am preparing to move on to Colorado Springs.

Not likely. I wasn't in that part of the media, but even being in my part of journalism in DC left me drained. (Albeit it could be because of the demands of it imposed by covering politics.) I'm going into small scale fabrications using 3D printing. But who knows... I may return in the future. My education really was in new media and graphics, so I could move in to that direction if the 3D printing thing doesn't work out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived