WLEX New Graphics

KnoxvilleTVFan

WLEX 18, Lexington's NBC affiliate, unveiled new graphics fairly recently. It was unknown when the graphics were unveiled, but it may have been sometime in September. You can go to http://www.lex18.com/videos/lex-18-news-at-11-00-saturday-september-29th-2012/ and view their 11pm news from September 29th that features these new graphics.

By the look of these graphics, they were made by Renderon and are a huge improvement from their previous graphics package by Giant Octopus.

I'm pretty sure those are GO too. I can see why you would think they're RenderOn, but there are still some hints of their old package (at least to me) in it.

and hey now! at the time when their now old package debuted, they looked pretty damn nice!

• 11 months later...

Actually, according to Wikipedia, they are a product of Blue Helio. This is the same company that created the new CBS O&O Affiliate graphics.

Just from poking around Vimeo, I think whoever started Blue Helio used to work for Giant Octopus. Might explain the similarities.

Archived