WCMH and WCBD getting a New Graphics Package?

ABC 7 Denver

My guess would be yes. WCMH has had it for a while, WCBD and WSLS picked it up a few months ago, and WNCT got it just the other week.

It looks good. Not your standard 3D graphic elements of the WFLA package (call it a blue rotating turret). Hopefully this means that they will lose their craptastic 'Media General Station Group Package' in favor of something a little more news and sonic sounding. I noticed that WSLS is using Breakthrough. Maybe a switch to that?

I saw WNCT's new set on Newcast Studio with an updated logo and graphics. What package are they using?

WCMH was the first to unveil this package back in 2011 (as the red version). Later that year, the package was rolled out to WAGT (sister station and SSA partner to WJBF) when they moved to their new building.

This year, the red version has been unveiled at WSLS and WSAV, and blue versions have been unveiled at WCBD, WJAR, WNCT (in SD?) and even WHLT (in pieces).

WSPA, WKRG, WJHL, WVTM, WFLA, WJTV, WRBL, WJBF, WBTW and WNCN still use the 2007 WFLA package (even though WNCN takes a lot of creative liberty in the use of it...)

It may be a phased transition to eventually upgrade all stations to the new look, or certain stations may keep their existing package....time will tell...

Since all graphics are centralized at company headquarters in Richmond, they may be working on a way to diversify the looks while keeping the operation as efficient as possible.

Archived