Chris Wragge candidate for Sat Early Show

cbs2idiots

Maggie Rodriguez starts June 1.

Among those considered to be viable candidates are "NFL Today" host James Brown, WCBS-TV anchor Chris Wragge and "Early Show" national correspondent Jeff Glor.

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=12052

I don't understand it at all, but I think Chris is going to get it. He's the only one that has been filling in on the weekday Early Show, and has been getting a lot more face time than the other two.

ryan what don't you understand?.. if you've seen the show at all over the last few months he's filled in... he does a good job, he's comfortable, smooth... and lets remember, this IS CBS's EARLY SHOW!!... nothing can hurt at this point!. Would this mean he'd leave WCBS if he in fact does get the morning job?

I've never heard of Jeff Glor before.

He usually does stories similar to the ones that the Assignment America guy (Steve Hartman?) does on the CBS Evening News, but for the weekday Early Show.

As for Wragge, I simply don't enjoy him, I don't think he's smooth or find him to be watchable/knowledgeable, and he still seems awkward... I'm not a Maurice DuBois fan at all, but I think even he is better. He just doesn't seem to be national or number 1 market material.

He usually does stories similar to the ones that the Assignment America guy (Steve Hartman?) does on the CBS Evening News, but for the weekday Early Show.

As for Wragge, I simply don't enjoy him, I don't think he's smooth or find him to be watchable/knowledgeable, and he still seems awkward... I'm not a Maurice DuBois fan at all, but I think even he is better. He just doesn't seem to be national or number 1 market material.

I honestly think most people's problem with Wragge is that they think of his from Entertainment Tonight and as a sports guy. If he hadn't been on ET, and wasn't sports here in New York first, I think people's opinion of him would be different. Overall, I don't think he's terrible, just not better then the people he replaced. (Calvi, Abrams).

Personally - I think Kristine Johnson was a TERRIBLE hire on WCBS' part - she's part of Wragge's problem . He's much more watchable solo at Noon, then he is with her at 5PM. Johnson belongs on in the AM, if anywhere at all. Wragge/Calvi, Wragge/Abrams would have been a MUCH better choice.

Please, don't mention Wragge/Hsu. That team would have been just as bad as Wragge/Johnson is.

I honestly think most people's problem with Wragge is that they think of his from Entertainment Tonight and as a sports guy. If he hadn't been on ET, and wasn't sports here in New York first, I think people's opinion of him would be different. Overall, I don't think he's terrible, just not better then the people he replaced. (Calvi, Abrams).

Personally - I think Kristine Johnson was a TERRIBLE hire on WCBS' part - she's part of Wragge's problem . He's much more watchable solo at Noon, then he is with her at 5PM. Johnson belongs on in the AM, if anywhere at all. Wragge/Calvi, Wragge/Abrams would have been a MUCH better choice.

Please, don't mention Wragge/Hsu. That team would have been just as bad as Wragge/Johnson is.

Indeed it has been a horrible hire from WCBS

Glor did do good work on th Evening News, but on the Sat Early Show, forget it, BORING!, only saw about 1/2 hour, but it was stale, like always.

As for WCBS... how can anyone in this forum say Abrams was a better anchor than Wragge?... are you all high?... she was AWFUL, I've never seen someone make stranger faces on tv.. it was almost like she had Bell's Palsey!

Talk to anyone at 2, he's their future, and what he lacks in news experience, he's making up for in ratings increases. From all I've been told, CH 2' 5pm is mopping the floor with WNBC's 5-6 lineup. Ch 7 is a way's away, but they are making gains.

Roz Abrams... LOL!

Glor did do good work on th Evening News, but on the Sat Early Show, forget it, BORING!, only saw about 1/2 hour, but it was stale, like always.

As for WCBS... how can anyone in this forum say Abrams was a better anchor than Wragge?... are you all high?... she was AWFUL, I've never seen someone make stranger faces on tv.. it was almost like she had Bell's Palsey!

Talk to anyone at 2, he's their future, and what he lacks in news experience, he's making up for in ratings increases. From all I've been told, CH 2' 5pm is mopping the floor with WNBC's 5-6 lineup. Ch 7 is a way's away, but they are making gains.

Roz Abrams... LOL!

Look, I agree with you. Wragge is definitely a better fit at WCBS then Roz was. BUT, I was talking about Kristine Johnson. Don't tell me that Johnson is better then Abrams or Calvi. Either would have been MUCH better with Wragge then Kristine. She's just terrible.

nynewsguy- point taken.. Yeah, Johnson is pretty weak. Wragge/Roz would have interesting... a failure, but interesting!... Calvi a better choice, Kate Sullivan looked good with him while Johnson was out.

Wragge and Abrams, that would be a joke. I would rather see Wragge with Kate Sullivan, Kristine was hired for her pretty face, no substance, no quality. The ratings is what counts and if CBS2 at 5 increases we will be seeing a lot of her.

Kristine was hired for her pretty face, no substance, no quality.

You hit the nail squarely on the head. I don't even thinks she's attractive though :-\

Exactly. If they are going to hire pretty faces, why don't hire pretty faces with quality, and yes, Kristine isn't a pretty face.

Roz Abrams is the best anchor out of all the names mentioned. Wragge isn't half bad. Roz wasn't a good fit at CBS 2 because of clueless management that hasn't been able to utilize the talent they have or the talent they acquire for well over a decade now.

WNBC should scrap that terrible half hour News 4 You and make it a half hour of light features/celebrity interviews/ studio guests/ live local debates, etc (what Live it 5 used to have mixed in it) and have Roz host it.

Roz Abrams is the best anchor out of all the names mentioned. Wragge isn't half bad. Roz wasn't a good fit at CBS 2 because of clueless management that hasn't been able to utilize the talent they have or the talent they acquire for well over a decade now.

WNBC should scrap that terrible half hour News 4 You and make it a half hour of light features/celebrity interviews/ studio guests/ live local debates, etc (what Live it 5 used to have mixed in it) and have Roz host it.

Yea Roz need something on the fun side, something more light where she can act like a diva and express herself. Anyone that end up working at channel2 from a first rated station end up destroying their career.

Archived