Promise Tracker

bhratbrat

I am here on Raleigh on business and WRAL is saying that they are going to put a promise tracker on the new governor of North Carolina on there website for the next four years.

A) Have you ever seen a station do this?

B) Do you think more stations need to do this for local government officials?

I think it's a great idea. Every news station has a job, and that is to inform, so WRAL is doing their job. If the governor doesn't keep a promise, the public should know, and the same applies to him keeping a promise.

To answer A: No, I have never seen a station do this before, but I've seen similar things be done on cable channels.

I think it's a great idea. Every news station has a job, and that is to inform, so WRAL is doing their job. If the governor doesn't keep a promise, the public should know, and the same applies to him keeping a promise.

To answer A: No, I have never seen a station do this before, but I've seen similar things be done on cable channels.

Same here.

Of course, adding to what LoadStar said, Politifact.com has been doing that for a while with its [insert name here]-O-Meter. It's not just limited to the President and Congress, but to Governors and local leaders in 9 of the 11 states where it has statewide coverage.

Heck, when I lived in Alabama, I wish one of the TV stations there would have done that to the Alabama Legislature and governor. That is probably the most politically inept state in the Union considering there is no home rule for individual localities and the world's longest constitutional charter. However, locally owned stations in Alabama don't care and are in their back pockets, *cough* WBRC & WSFA *cough*

Heck, when I lived in Alabama, I wish one of the TV stations there would have done that to the Alabama Legislature and governor. That is probably the most politically inept state in the Union considering there is no home rule for individual localities and the world's longest constitutional charter. However, locally owned stations in Alabama don't care and are in their back pockets, *cough* WBRC & WSFA *cough*

Blame Raycom for that one, as they're a subsidiary of the company managing the state's employee pension fund.

• 2 weeks later...

Blame Raycom for that one, as they're a subsidiary of the company managing the state's employee pension fund.

Yeah, I know RSA owns Raycom. It just a continuation of the tradition that shows that most things in media that is locally Alabama-owned cannot be trusted to be provide "the full story". I wish LIN would step up with their news operations at WIAT & WALA to pick up the slack.

Archived