WTVW 7 adds The CW

CircleSeven

While we all were following the breaking news in Charlotte yesterday, as Fox yanking its afffiliation on Bahakel's WCCB 18 and is going to buy the Capitol Broadcasting stations in Charlotte; in little Evansville, Indiana, reported yesterday from Jake's Blog, former Fox affiliate, Nexstar operated, WTVW 7, will become the new CW affiliate, effective Thursday. The former affiliate, WAZE, owned by bankrupt Roberts Broadcasting, shut down its translators earlier in the month.

EDIT 12pm/CT: Nexstar has posted an official announcement.

Question: If FOX is buying Capital Broadcasting, what will they do with the WRAL/WRAZ duopoly? Obviously FOX is not going to want to own a CBS affil. My guess is that they will move the FOX affiliation from WRAZ (PSIP 50) to WRAL (PSIP 5) because it is a lower number on the dial and sell of WRAZ.

So attention here! If you want to own a potential CBS affiliate, virtual channel 50, in Raleigh, NC one will be for sale shortly.

OMG. So you didn't recall that Sinclair/Fox affiliate agreement last May that Sinclair can grab WUTB for Fox getting a combo of Sinclair stations in three of the four markets (Raleigh, Vegas, Norfolk, Cincinnati)? I never said Fox was going to get the Capitol stations in Raleigh. CBC Raleigh would never be that dumb to sell its crown jewel WRAL 5. I'd mentioned Fox could get the Sinclair stations in Raleigh (WLFL/WRDC), which means that could very well move the CW to Capitol's WRAZ 50.

EDIT: I retype the above since some folks thought I posted that Fox was also getting the Capitol Raleigh stations. This is way-off topic BTW.

OMG. So you didn't recall that Sinclair/Fox affiliate agreement last May that Sinclair can grab WUTB for Fox getting a combo of Sinclair stations in three of the four markets (Raleigh, Vegas, Norfolk, Cincinnati)? I never said Fox was going to get the Capitol stations in Raleigh. CBC Raleigh would never be that dumb to sell its crown jewel WRAL 5. I'd mentioned Fox could get the Sinclair stations in Raleigh (WLFL/WRDC), which means that could very well move the CW to Capitol's WRAZ 50.

EDIT: I retype the above since some folks thought I posted that Fox was also getting the Capitol Raleigh stations. This is way-off topic BTW.

Ha! Whoops! I missread the post.

Archived