NBC and LIN television part ways with joint venture

A3N

As I posted in the Shoutbox, KNSD had changed its copyright from Station Venture Operations, to NBC Universal Media, LLC. Lone and behold, it was because LIN decided to part ways with NBC in their joint venture involving KXAS and KNSD. This news comes a day after Comcast announced its intentions to buy out the rest of GE's stake in NBCUniversal. Also the article below gives some details on what LIN plans to do with the company.

More info:

http://rbr.com/lin-exits-nbc-joint-venture-plans-reorg/

I don't think so, since KXAS decided to go with the package they have right now instead of Look F. KXAS and KNSD have both adopted the same graphics as the rest of the O&O's in previous years, its just that this time around, it was probably a local decision to go with something different.

So it is safe to say that KXAS will be getting Look F and 360's NBC O&O Package (Maybe L.A. Groove).

Look F doesn't fit DFW, and that's why KXAS chose Look G. It's bolder and features more of Dallas, Fort Worth, And All of North Texas!

Oh, and KXAS would never adopt LA Groove, What fits in LA doesn't fit in Dallas, New York, or San Diego. I could see them adopting NBC O&O because it feels more Texan.

Look F doesn't fit DFW, and that's why KXAS chose Look G. It's bolder and features more of Dallas, Fort Worth, And All of North Texas!

Oh, and KXAS would never adopt LA Groove, What fits in LA doesn't fit in Dallas, New York, or San Diego. I could see them adopting NBC O&O because it feels more Texan.

How much say does management at KXAS have? Is NBC upper station management going to come down and say "We have complete control over you now. You will change to Look F because it is far easier for us to dictate your look and feel."

You all do know the package KXAS is using is Look G which is also an O&O package. They just happen to be the only station in the group to adopt it.

Yeah, I know. However, every O&O (with the exclusion of KXAS) use the same package iteration (even if the WCAU and WTVJ packs are just a little different).

Yeah, I know. However, every O&O (with the exclusion of KXAS) use the same package iteration (even if the WCAU and WTVJ packs are just a little different).

The WCAU package is completely different. They use a totally different base element for their look. I don't believe any station was forced into using the look they have although I'm sure they were given the option of using one of the looks Artworks offered and customize it as they saw fit. In fact there's only a couple of stations actually using a pure unadulterated version of Look F and that's KNTV, WNBC and WVIT. The other 6 stations that are using the look have customized it various degrees.

Archived