Golf Channel gets a slight update

Viper550

I knew something was up when they changed the ticker a bit last week, but it looks like Golf Channel's graphics have been updated for the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship. Unfortunately, it's not that different: basically they grafted elements from the current NBC Sports design (i.e. its a bit more darker and glossy, the fonts are different) onto the previous look. It's a good update, mind you. But part of me was expecting them to actually use the new NBC Sports graphics entirely for some reason.

Also, the updated intros are pretty good too.

I knew something was up when they changed the ticker a bit last week' date=' but it looks like Golf Channel's graphics have been updated for the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship. Unfortunately, it's not [i']that[/i] different: basically they grafted elements from the current NBC Sports design (i.e. its a bit more darker and glossy, the fonts are different) onto the previous look. It's a good update, mind you. But part of me was expecting them to actually use the new NBC Sports graphics entirely for some reason.

Also, the updated intros are pretty good too.

Looks like they took the old look to troika and had them modernize it into the current NBC look. They are using the Frank which is the font used by NBC sports.

Archived