WMC Closing Music

memnews1

As I was browsing through News Music Now, I came across the Enforcer package and decided to give them a listen. I got to Enforcer New Generation "Consumer"...and quickly realized that it sounded very close to if not exactly like WMC's (NBC station owned by Raycom in Memphis) closing music. Anyone have any input into this?

As I was browsing through News Music Now' date=' I came across the Enforcer package and decided to give them a listen. I got to Enforcer New Generation "Consumer"...and quickly realized that it sounded very close to if not exactly like WMC's (NBC station owned by Raycom in Memphis) closing music. Anyone have any input into this?

It is one of the cuts of the NBC Collection.

Correct. That cut is part of the NBC Collection New Generation (NG 2) and was adapted for the Enforcer package. I worked for a NBC station when the NG2 series was released. At times, Gari has been known to use the same vamp / bumper pieces and will do a switch out of just the logo signatures. I'm not sure how well that works when a market has 2 or 3 Gari packages in use at the same time and one station realizes that they have essentially the same bumper or closing cut as a competitor. The Enforcer and NBC Collection "share" a few themes with the logo being the only difference.

At times, Gari has been known to use the same vamp / bumper pieces and will do a switch out of just the logo signatures.

Yup, this is really common among Gari packages, especially the ones from the 90s. I know there are some cuts of This Your News that sound like the original cuts of Image News.

Yup, this is really common among Gari packages, especially the ones from the 90s. I know there are some cuts of This Your News that sound like the original cuts of Image News.

Very true Ntropolis. I'd hate to be in a market, acquire a Gari package for my station, only to realize some of my themes are shared by a competitor, with the logo being the only difference. BUT.... but I could see it being fun to use a similar cut on the newscast or a promo every now and then to toy with the competition, especially if that rival has been using it for a while. It would still catch them off-guard, maybe get them steamed under the collar. Imagine the frantic call from them to Gari. Haaa

Archived