Dana & Jim anchoring CBS 2 News Sunday nights...

jtgh922

Isn't sweeps over? Why are the primary anchors working 6 days a week in the number 1 news market? What is Mary Calvi on staff at CBS 2 if they're going to have Dana & Jim anchor weekends too?

It's becoming more and more a common practice to have your weeknight "A" team anchor the Sunday late news after prime time during sweeps month. New York is, if anything, late to pick up this trend.

With audience levels being much higher Sundays than Fridays, it's a no-brainer to shift all or part of your weekday crew to a Sunday-Thursday schedule to take advantage.

I remember sometime ago it was the last day of sweeps and channel 11 shifted the morning team to the evening and the evening team to the morning. WCBS should try that on the last day of sweeps shifting Dana and Jim on CBS2 the morning and at noon, Kristine and Chris at 6 and Maurice and Kate at 5 and 11.

It's becoming more and more a common practice to have your weeknight "A" team anchor the Sunday late news after prime time during sweeps month. New York is, if anything, late to pick up this trend.

With audience levels being much higher Sundays than Fridays, it's a no-brainer to shift all or part of your weekday crew to a Sunday-Thursday schedule to take advantage.

Then why not have Jim & Dana moved permanently to Sunday-Thursday and have Mary Calvi do Friday-Saturday?

Yes, I've seen the growing trend at some national networks to have the "A" production team work Sunday-Thursday, but it occasionally leads to resentment among the staff members whose days are changed since it is a weekend.

For some reason I think the screwy stuff that WCBS is doing is kinda paying off, I guess.

BTW....I first noticed it when I was checking out the video section of their website. because I was checking out the weather vid when the time displayed on it was around Six-Fifty something.

Here a LA, This has been a way of life at KCBS since the Early 90's When Bree Walker and former husband/Co anchor Jim Lampley anchored Action News Sunday night sweeps newscast. I am surpirsed this is new in New York.

Archived