WLBT meteorologist Paul Williams last broadcast at 3 WLBT

thegrudge58

Paul Williams from WLBT is moving to WPTY ABC 24 in Memphis, TN. I happened to catch his last broadcast here in Jackson, MS....

That last comment he made before the credits "Mississippi has changed, I can kiss you on the air with no problem" had me rolling on the floor laughing.

I think he'll be a great fit to Local 24 as it tries to get some personality that is desperately needed at that station.

• 5 months later...

Bumping this thread to note that WATN reporting Paul Williams had a heart attack this morning. The good news is he is expected to make a full recovery. Not that I believe in curses, but after the deaths of Brian Teigland and Mark Walden, it's starting to get a little creepy and tragic for the chief mets at 24. Wishing the best for Paul and hope he'll be back to work soon.

Archived