Former Carlisle Mayor Kirk Wilson FIRED from WHP-TV

susquvalleywgal

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/05/post_573.html

The ax at Sinclair Broadcasting's WHP-TV CBS 21 began to fall yesterday as former Carlisle, Pa., mayor Kirk Wilson was FIRED from his position. Kirk had a storied history in local TV news and he was instrumental in the area response to Harrisburg, Il., tornado when that devastated that Illinois town a year ago.

Even more appalling, according to Kirk's FB post is that Sinclair said that he was "painful to watch" and that "neither me or my stories were converstational." ... It continues on ... "I could participate in his (managements) aggressive re-training program ..."

I know the vast majority will agree that we should not be too surprised with this news, considering how Sinclair (Sincrap) operates their stations on the ultra-cheap. But how they would single out a personality who cares about his community and how they would degrade him to this meeting is just not right.

I don't know about you but I think experience matters more than beauty or ratings. You get what you give CBS21 News ... and you have pissed a lot of people off. You, you stay classy!!

-- Matt

This is what happened after every time Sinclair bought a TV station out - letting their long-time anchors and reporters go and making their GFX and i3 uglier. That's their usual thing to do.

Reading this article made me hating Sinclair more.

Watching Kirk Wilson's reports on WHP's site....... no offense to him but I can see the news director's point of view. His delivery is off, it's a bit too hesitant. I don't know if I'd call it "painful to watch" - I will gladly show you footage of CBS 3 "anchor" Diana Rocco - but he needed some work.

Still, the way they handled it gives me chills.

Training employees to "their standards"? Having what seems like a company-wide Re-Neducation effort? All of those are signs of what I feared was going to happen. I'm all for quality standards - honestly, I wish my CBS O&O had some - but you really shouldn't be dictating how all of your newscasts should look and sound like from Baltimore. But then, this is the group that tried to outsource all of their weather departments to Baltimore, which was the most insane idea ever.

Watching Kirk Wilson's reports on WHP's site....... no offense to him but I can see the news director's point of view. His delivery is off, it's a bit too hesitant. I don't know if I'd call it "painful to watch" - I will gladly show you footage of CBS 3 "anchor" Diana Rocco - but he needed some work.

Still, the way they handled it gives me chills.

Training employees to "their standards"? Having what seems like a company-wide Re-Neducation effort? All of those are signs of what I feared was going to happen. I'm all for quality standards - honestly, I wish my CBS O&O had some - but you really shouldn't be dictating how all of your newscasts should look and sound like from Baltimore. But then, this is the group that tried to outsource all of their weather departments to Baltimore, which was the most insane idea ever.

That is the reason I physically and mentally dislike Sinclair Broadcasting Group because they want to reprogram the employees on how they deliver their newscasts and have editorials after each newscasts and standards; I personally their standards are very very poor.

This is what happened after every time Sinclair bought a TV station out - letting their long-time anchors and reporters go and making their GFX and i3 uglier. That's their usual thing to do.

Reading this article made me hating Sinclair more.

I personally don't like Sinclair Broadcasting Group or how they operate their own stations! I personally think that they have each adapted the 'Daily News' News Theme and also, they have the graphics that go up and completely down. If you can see the graphics that sinclair owns, they look horrible.

Archived