WTKR set, summer-2002 (pics)

tvpirate05

A few months ago, I posted that I discovered some pics of WTKR's previous set (2000-c. 2004 or so). I've finally gotten the opportunity to scan what I have. The main desk area is more or less the same, except the backdrop now looks like the inside of a control room.

Their weather station is really the only thing that looks completely different.

Picture 1: The main desk and part of the weather station. The floor was painted black earlier that day, which explains why you might see fans.

Picture 2: The weather station, I believe that's Tal White seated. Sorry for the orange on the left side of the pic.

Picture 3: Main desk area...note the blue backdrop with 3s across it, which I liked much more than the black control room. According to one of the art department workers, they actually wanted it to be either a window to the newsroom, like WAVY used to do, or a plasma screen routed to show the newsroom. Based on the building's architecture, I don't even know how feasible option A would've been.

wtkr02.jpg

wtkr302.jpg

Cool pics. When I visited in late 1998 or so, they were just building the weather center pictured and the weather center was a room upstairs with a small window overlooking the set.

Wasn't there something else before the "marble blue" background behind the desk, like glass with a globe and pictures behind it? Here's a pic from the old, old AirchecksDX site, which is still up at dlpradionet.tripod.com:

wtkr01.jpg

These pictures taken right before they picked up the current "3" and all that, right?

Also, this is what the set looks like now for those who don't know:

WTKR39.jpg

Cool pics. When I visited in late 1998 or so, they were just building the weather center pictured and the weather center was a room upstairs with a small window overlooking the set.

Wasn't there something else before the "marble blue" background behind the desk, like glass with a globe and pictures behind it?

For some reason, I remember another backdrop as well.

EDIT: It's one there from May of 2001. Not sure when they switched to the blue marble, though.

These pictures taken right before they picked up the current "3" and all that, right?

Yep. They changed to the current logo sometime in September of 02.

Yep. They changed to the current logo sometime in September of 02.

I thought it was more like July or August.

EDIT: It was September (source: http://www.vartv.com/archives02e.htm, scroll down toward the bottom and look for the 3). I thought it was more like August, but hey... it was a whole four years ago! :p

Archived