KRNV adapts Look F

Mrtraveler01

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig. Unless and until they get rid of that god awful "3" logo, no matter what graphics package they use will look like shite.

It's an "angry" 3. It's probably gonna shoot up the place if they get rid of it. :punch:

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig. Unless and until they get rid of that god awful "3" logo, no matter what graphics package they use will look like shite.

I actually like that "3" logo. It's better than all these "clean" looking logos. It's the station's dropping all their syndie show, in favor of news is where I cross the line. That's a giant gamble they're taking. Maybe that's probably the reason why they're selling the stations outside of Nevada, because it would probably won't follow KSNV's future philosophy.

It's an "angry" 3. It's probably gonna shoot up the place if they get rid of it. :punch:

LOL!!! :rofl!:

I actually like that "3" logo. It's better than all these "clean" looking logos. It's the station's dropping all their syndie show, in favor of news is where I cross the line. That a giant gamble they're taking. Maybe that's probably the reason why they're selling the stations outside of Nevada, because it would probably won't follow KSNV's future philosophy.

I doubt the "Angry 3" will go anywhere. It's now gone beyond dated to nostalgic. Sort of like an ugly version of KTLA's 5. :D I'm just as eager to see their new look (set and gfx) as I am to see how they're gonna handle becoming - essentially - a 24hr news station. Well, minus the hours NBC is on. It starts with the 4p-8p block but will expand as their syndie contracts expire. What'll be the next hour to fall? 3p?

And I'm still shocked Jim Rogers was ever willing to part with any of his empire. Are KSNV/KRNV/that other little NV station whose calls escape me all that's left?

I doubt the "Angry 3" will go anywhere. It's now gone beyond dated to nostalgic. Sort of like an ugly version of KTLA's 5. :D I'm just as eager to see their new look (set and gfx) as I am to see how they're gonna handle becoming - essentially - a 24hr news station. Well, minus the hours NBC is on. It starts with the 4p-8p block but will expand as their syndie contracts expire. What'll be the next hour to fall? 3p?

And I'm still shocked Jim Rogers was ever willing to part with any of his empire. Are KSNV/KRNV/that other little NV station whose calls escape me all that's left?

KENV Elko, NV? That's a semi-sat of KRNV. The only other station they haven't sold yet where it's outside of the Nevada cluster is that Bluetooth, I mean Beartooth NBC, KTVH Helena. Either sell that to Bonten, and connect that with the other NBC Montana stations, or Bonten sell that Montana cluster to Frontier, and Frontier get KTVH.

But yeah, Fall 2014, they will drop Dr. Phil for News at 3pm. And if everything goes planned, all their syndie shows will be gone by Fall 2016. And I don't think they'll put news on all the hours. They'll probably mix some news with some sort of public affairs programs. The only thing that benefits Sunbelt is that after the deals with the syndie shows expire, they don't have to worry about paying expensive license fees for those shows. But I do have strong feeling that the station will take a hit once they do get rid of all the shows, because an average viewer would think that the "news" is all it shows. Some would forget they air NBC program if they show news the majority of the day. That mean Sunbelt would really have to show NBC programming promos during the news/local show like crazy, if all the syndie shows get exhausted. And even then, it probably won't help much for them.

The only thing that benefits Sunbelt is that after the deals with the syndie shows expire, they don't have to worry about paying expensive license fees for those shows.

Is the cost of licensing syndie shows cheaper than the staff required to run a near 24/7 news station?

Archived