KFMB set tweak

A3N

For the past few weeks/months or so, KFMB has been tweaking their set a bit. First was the black plexiglass top on the desk which was replaced by a clear one. Then in the last week some textured-blue paneling along the rear-projection screen and along the bottom of the walls was replaced with a solid blue paneling. Then today, the duratrans on both sides of the anchors were switched out- and it looks horrible.

Before:

kfmbsetold1_zpseda5e5cb.png

After (currently):

capture_20130816_172641_zps147677f4.jpg

capture_20130816_171830_zpsd21e9b5e.jpg

Is their set also eight years old like everything else (cosmetically-music, graphics, logo, etc.) at that station? I wish they would get something fresh...

Then again, all San Diego stations have relatively old sets...

The set is about 6 1/2 years old (debuted in Jan. 2007), the graphics debuted in Sept. 2005 and were tweaked for HD in 2007. The set looked ok, but with these tweaks, it made it worse. The duratrans are ugly as can be. I cringe just thinking what the new graphics will look like. The 1996-2005 looks were really good, sadly ever since reverting back to News 8, its all been downhill. In regards to San Diego news sets, they are old. KUSI's set is about 18 years old, or so. XETV's: 14 years old, and KNSD's: 11-12 years old. The tv stations here lack creativity and freshness, they're all stale and do things on the cheap.

The set is about 6 1/2 years old (debuted in Jan. 2007), the graphics debuted in Sept. 2005 and were tweaked for HD in 2007. The set looked ok, but with these tweaks, it made it worse. The duratrans are ugly as can be. I cringe just thinking what the new graphics will look like. The 1996-2005 looks were really good, sadly ever since reverting back to News 8, its all been downhill. In regards to San Diego news sets, they are old. KUSI's set is about 18 years old, or so. XETV's: 14 years old, and KNSD's: 11-12 years old. The tv stations here lack creativity and freshness, they're all stale and do things on the cheap.

I believe this set also debuted in 2005 with the graphics. PS... This set is the same as the KCAL set.

I believe this set also debuted in 2005 with the graphics. PS... This set is the same as the KCAL set.

Nope. It debuted when they switched to HD in 2007. When these current graphics debuted, the "Local 8" set was tweaked and painted/attached blue panels to it, to go along with the rebrand.

Has Dominic Garcia been anchoring down there at all?

Yes, he has been filling in quite frequently in the last month or so. He was filling in tonight at 5/6:30, as a matter of fact.

and for good measure. here is the new logo, courtesy of anchor Barbara-Lee Edwards' twitter...https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSLAO3tCYAAb_Rn.jpg

BSLAO3tCYAAb_Rn1_zpsff35cae7.jpg

Those duratrans look like they took them out of 1995 and applied some lame photoshop filter over it.

They are horrible, and even more so on air. They were better off leaving the old duratrans in place, at least those were more neutral and easy to look out. These are ugly, and you can even see how wrinkled it is on the ends.

When are they going to start using this new logo? Is it a hint at a graphics overhaul?

September, maybe? and you gotta think that new graphics are on the way if they bothered to update the set. Also, have you noticed that on many of the promos, its just the CBS eye and the 8? No box, no wave, just a plain logo, and it would seem as they're going to stick with CBS 8 and include that branding for their newscasts as well.

Why do I think that "8" looks so awfully familiar? Hmmm.

ABCTV-FL-logo.jpg

Very similar, but I believe that the inspiration for KFMB's logo comes from their 1980s NEWS EI8HT logo...

mqdefault_zpsd677f432.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived