Need Help Identifying a News Theme: Possibly Production Music?

In the YouTube clip below, you'll hear the news theme used by ORF in Austria in the early 1990s (the clip is of ORF's evening news in 1991). In about 1995, I heard it used in the U.S. as background music in a garden supply commercial on the Weather Channel, leading me to suspect it might be production music. Does anyone know what this theme might be or whether it has ever been used as a news theme in the U.S.?

Here's the YouTube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc5knw5fzbo

Thanks is advance for your help!

In the YouTube clip below, you'll hear the news theme used by ORF in Austria in the early 1990s (the clip is of ORF's evening news in 1991). In about 1995, I heard it used in the U.S. as background music in a garden supply commercial on the Weather Channel, leading me to suspect it might be production music. Does anyone know what this theme might be or whether it has ever been used as a news theme in the U.S.?

Here's the YouTube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc5knw5fzbo

Thanks is advance for your help!

I've never heard it before, but it sounds a little too good to be production music. (I guess it still could be, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.)

Maybe some foreign music company...

That would have been my guess had the theme not popped up in an American commercial. But then again, the ITN News at Ten theme has also been heard in the US (on radio and on the West Wing), so it's possible that a music company is distributing European news themes in the U.S. as production music. BTW, thanks to everyone who listened to the clip.

Archived