What affiliates across the country represents their networks well?

currie555

INNCD News State Center and News Discussion Eastern Indiana Edition.

Wow.

Lately, some of the non O&O's of ABC in top markets have been successfully aligning themself with the standardization trends of ABC O&O's, such as circle logos, and EWN NG...would that be considered representing their networks well?

I think ABC non O&O's are successfully representing there network well. WXYZ,WJLA,WFAA,WISN are some of many ABC affiliates that represent thier station well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

Lately, some of the non O&O's of ABC in top markets have been successfully aligning themself with the standardization trends of ABC O&O's, such as circle logos, and EWN NG...would that be considered representing their networks well?

I think ABC non O&O's are successfully representing there network well. WXYZ,WJLA,WFAA,WISN are some of many ABC affiliates that represent thier station well.

I agree. The stations that you have named from what I know...have always represent ABC well.

Off the subject a little more, do you think the "So good to turn to" package would still work for WMC-TV 5 in this era? LOL

So Good To Turn To would work, if its Only for a late night newscast. I don't think it would work for a daytime newscast. But it would certainly wouldn't work for WMC-TV. Now an update from the Turn To News package would work perfectly for Channel 5 over there.

Why come it would work for WMC-TV, if only at night? The main cut sounds like Memphis, it just needs to be updated.

All it needs is a little amplification with some quiet sfx and it'll be straight. And again It wouldn't sound right for a morning or even a midday or a late in the day newscast. And yes the theme is 25 years old. But some of these older packages are alot better then these news packages now.

Off the subject a little more, do you think the "So good to turn to" package would still work for WMC-TV 5 in this era? LOL

So Good To Turn To would work, if its Only for a late night newscast. I don't think it would work for a daytime newscast. But it would certainly wouldn't work for WMC-TV. Now an update from the Turn To News package would work perfectly for Channel 5 over there.

Why come it would work for WMC-TV, if only at night? The main cut sounds like Memphis, it just needs to be updated.

All it needs is a little amplification with some quiet sfx and it'll be straight. And again It wouldn't sound right for a morning or even a midday or a late in the day newscast. And yes the theme is 25 years old. But some of these older packages are alot better then these news packages now.

I totally agree. Totally. News music doesnt sound like news music anymore.

For NBC affiliates I will choose KTUU,WTMJ,WDIV that represents their networks well.

I dont know about WTMJ 4. Don't hear alot of good things about them these day...maybe back in the day of the Boat 4 logo perhaps?

Wow.

Maybe, in a sense. I tend to look at the presence and presentation of a station, meaning is it a station I could leave the tv dial on -- all day and night?

Eyewitness News definitely gives an ABC station and ABC feeling. Doesn't work for every ABC affiliate, but for most ABC stations, it may work. The circle logo works too...although, I have always thought it was way too plain. I like WEWS TV 5's updated logo variation of the classic logo they had. I am partial to WOI's, but it works. If a station's position is seven, the circle logo is standard and would work, whether ABC, CBS, or NBC.

For NBC affiliates I will choose KTUU,WTMJ,WDIV that represents their networks well.

I dont know about WTMJ 4. Don't hear alot of good things about them these day...maybe back in the day of the Boat 4 logo perhaps?

http://www.tvnewstalk.net/forum/index.php/topic,1038.0.html

Yeah....I somehow sense the WTMJ selection was solely based on graphics. ::)

LOL

-WVEC

-WAVY...when they're not trying to be like "Dateline", as they are the NBC affiliate.

I like both stations...I have always liked WAVY. TV10 used to be a powerhouse itself, esp. early 90s and mid-90s.

-WVEC

-WAVY...when they're not trying to be like "Dateline", as they are the NBC affiliate.

I like both stations...I have always liked WAVY. TV10 used to be a powerhouse itself, esp. early 90s and mid-90s.

And even though WVEC has taken over the last few years, WAVY still does very well, mainly in the mornings, and at 11 pm.

Oh, they arent. I was just looking to see where those packages were used the most, not affiliation. Well, 615 isnt for KFVS, unless you got something well that can fit with them.

Jbrothers...I didnt get a chance to listen to every news package on NMSA. However, I can tell you that cuts from 615 Music's "USA News" package, Frank Gari's "This Is Your News" package (used by CBS sister station to the North, KMOV 4 St. Louis), and KIRO 1993 News Theme (minus the Northwest dramatic "Pocahantas" type thing) would work for KFVS 12. Even Lattitude Music's "News Now" package (variation of the 1993 KIRO news theme) could work Channel 12.

Other than that it is back to the updated cuts of the "Great News" package.

Forgot about this is your news. I would accually like to see that and USA news.

WMC used to be one of the top NBC affiliates during the 70s and 80s, right behind KDSK. They represented the network very well, even during the dismal "NB See Us" and "Proud As A Peacock" years. In the mid 80s, they even used The Mission along with Turn To News (when I was little, this caused me to think that NBC Nightly News and Action News 5 originated from the same place; I though Tom Brokaw and Mason Granger both worked at Channel 5!)

A word on the lower thirds at KFVS in Cape Girardeau: Channel 12 is a Raycom station, just as WMC is. Besides owning stations in large markets, they also own quite a few in "below 100" markets, Cape being one of them. These smaller stations don't have in-house animation or graphics people, so Raycom created a generic graphics package of opens and animations for these stations. The design for the L3s is based on what WMC used in the late 90s.

Cape isnt in the below-100. They are in Market #80 with Paducah and Carbondale.

WMC used to be one of the top NBC affiliates during the 70s and 80s, right behind KDSK. They represented the network very well, even during the dismal "NB See Us" and "Proud As A Peacock" years. In the mid 80s, they even used The Mission along with Turn To News (when I was little, this caused me to think that NBC Nightly News and Action News 5 originated from the same place; I though Tom Brokaw and Mason Granger both worked at Channel 5!)

A word on the lower thirds at KFVS in Cape Girardeau: Channel 12 is a Raycom station, just as WMC is. Besides owning stations in large markets, they also own quite a few in "below 100" markets, Cape being one of them. These smaller stations don't have in-house animation or graphics people, so Raycom created a generic graphics package of opens and animations for these stations. The design for the L3s is based on what WMC used in the late 90s.

Agreed. WMC-TV was powerhouse growing up in the Mid-South, sign-on to sign-off. But that is gone too, just like KSDK and KFVS (even though KFVS is still somewhat strong in the Heartland region).

Not as strong. I live in the KFVS area.

Agreed. WMC-TV was powerhouse growing up in the Mid-South, sign-on to sign-off. But that is gone too, just like KSDK and KFVS (even though KFVS is still somewhat strong in the Heartland region).

WPSD TV Newschannel 6 is really giving KFVS 12 Heartland News a run for its money...

WPSD TV Newschannel 6 is really giving KFVS 12 Heartland News a run for its money...

I know they are, I watch them more than KFVS.

I know they are, I watch them more than KFVS.

LOL

Archived