Fox 5 Drops "Shame Shame Shame"

Geoffrey

Arnold Diaz, three producers and a photog from the "consumer investigative unit" were dropped today, according to TV Spy: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/new-york-fox-station-eliminates-consumer-investigative-unit_b112828

Diaz served two stints at CBS 2 (the article only mentions 1973-1995 but he was also there before joining Fox 5 in 2006) but I doubt they'd take him back, especially since they dropped Asa Aarons pretty quickly (and investigative reporter Tamara Leitner left last month after less than a year there).

Arnold is probably done in this market. Maybe an outside chance at PIX but they have Howard.

WABC wouldn't go there. Plus, they have Sandra.

WNBC has a solid iTeam.

WCBS has made it clear they don't care for a consumer investigative unit.

Arnold is probably done in this market. Maybe an outside chance at PIX but they have Howard.

WABC wouldn't go there. Plus, they have Sandra.

WNBC has a solid iTeam.

WCBS has made it clear they don't care for a consumer investigative unit.

Sandra Bookman? She doesn't do investigative work. WABC has Nina Pineda for consumer stories, and Sarah Wallace and Jim Hoffer for investigative stories.

Sorry, meant Sarah. But you furthered my point.

Oh, that makes more sense! Haha. Yup, you're right. WABC doesn't need any more investigative talent.

Not to mention, it's a costly operation to run. You have sometimes a whole unit (reporter(s) + producer(s)) dedicated to investigative stories that can take months to pursue and sometimes yield results unsuitable for air. I wonder if money was a factor in Fox 5's decision.

Oh, that makes more sense! Haha. Yup, you're right. WABC doesn't need any more investigative talent.

Not to mention, it's a costly operation to run. You have sometimes a whole unit (reporter(s) + producer(s)) dedicated to investigative stories that can take months to pursue and sometimes yield results unsuitable for air. I wonder if money was a factor in Fox 5's decision.

Yeah I was surprised to read Arnold had a unit with 3 producers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a consumer unit like shame shame shame would be much more expensive to run than an investigative unit.. For example the consumer unit has to do massive research on numerous stories from numerous people they usually air once a week.. Where the investigation unit airs a story every two or three weeks on a topic like nursing home abuse or mishandling of govt funds.. Plus not to make light of it but they also probably have some time of special insurance worked in for these reporters since there is a greater risk of something happening

Archived