An idea: "The National Eyewitness News"

NewzPimpin

Title says it all. It would be like a local newscast, but geared towards a national audience. Two anchors, reporters, sports guy and weatherman, and all the happy banter you can shake a stick at.

What network could we see this? Or would it be syndicated?

Title says it all. It would be like a local newscast, but geared towards a national audience. Two anchors, reporters, sports guy and weatherman, and all the happy banter you can shake a stick at.

Maybe syndicated, kinda like the old INN back in the 80s. Or possibly, this could be Fox' new network newscast.

Maybe syndicated, kinda like the old INN back in the 80s. Or possibly, this could be Fox' new network newscast.

I think it would flop because it isnt original. Besides, it would only be like a tabloid news program...and we already have our share of those.

I used to work on a national Eyewitness News, out of TEN-10 Sydney.

Although the Ten network broadcasts more local newscasts than national, its late newscast is networked.

In fact, here's a "short 'n sweet" clip of the open. I taped this in 1991.

639rbed.jpg

As to the thread, I don't think it would work in the States.

The main issue is that your going into an area that's already flooded with other options, including NBC Nightly News, World News, CBS Evening News, Fox Report, Situation Room (eh, kinda), not to mention all the assorted news magazine/garbage programming. If anything, maybe CBS could use some modifications to see if they can get up in the rankings at this point.

The main issue is that your going into an area that's already flooded with other options, including NBC Nightly News, World News, CBS Evening News, Fox Report, Situation Room (eh, kinda), not to mention all the assorted news magazine/garbage programming. If anything, maybe CBS could use some modifications to see if they can get up in the rankings at this point.

Yeah man, but the last thing CBS wants to do is go down the road called "Eyewitness News-style"!!

The thread is really obvious. There's no national Eyewitness News now because it will never work.

It's not an accident that The Situation Room, the Fox Report, World News Tonight, etc. are the way that they are.

It's not like nobody has ever thought: "I wonder if an Eyewitness-type news will work"?

Nobody would watch a double-anchor, happy-chat-fest of a national newscast. They want............ wait for it.......... oh yeah, news!

Archived