KTEN Debuts "New" Set

NewsStar2

Well, it's new to them. Let me explain.

Figured this was happening - all of the videos I posted from my visit to the area showed their newscasts and the ones they produce for their ABC & CW subchannels being presented from the newsroom. The previous set had been in use since the move to their then new studio facilities in Denison,TX a little over ten years ago.

The new set made it's debut on January 30. It looks to be a BDI product, but an older model. Dare I say KXAS' previous set? It's a guess since a photo that anchor Lisanne Anderson posted of the interview area had photos of Dallas-Fort Worth landmarks in the background.

Based on the videos on their site, it looks like the graphics were updated too, but they aren't an improvement over what was in use previously IMHO. The weather center seems to have a new designation of "First Alert" with Look G graphics clearly visible in some shots. Curious to see what the opens look like at this point.

All things considered, it's a an okay refresh. KXII's product is still superior in pretty much every aspect though.

Link to story with Video: http://www.kten.com/story/24595305/kten-news-debuts-new-set

Photos from morning anchor Lisanne Anderson's Facebook page here and here

Archived