Article: Harrisburg Meteorologist Slams Social Media Weather Doubters

susquvalleywgal

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/harrisburg-meteorologist-slams-social-media-weather-doubters_b116613

Greetings everyone. I seriously cannot make this stuff up. This is continued low-professionalism at ABC27 WHTM at it's lowest point.

First of all, that link will not have video. When TVSPY put the video up earlier the video was able to be seen. I guess WHTM has deleted all video, and they have deleted the video from their website.

They have issued an apology on their FB page but Brett has yet to make any apology.

Sinclair cannot come soon enough to clean house on North 6th Street. After this 'stunt' I'd bet the house that Brett is the first to be seen the door.

-- matt

Unprofessional? Yes. Understandable why he became so annoyed/mad? Yes again. Meteorology/atmospheric science is a lot more complex than the general population seems to think it is, and they also don't seem to understand that it's not an exact science, meaning that they really are just guessing. When they're told that they "suck" or that the viewer "could have made a better forecast," or are "just paid to be wrong," over and over and over again, it eventually gets very old.

Archived