Really Tribune???

kcnewsjunky

Ok so I know I make a point of this way to much.... But when will Tribune make an attempt of graphical and website ownership? Its kinda weird that it has taken them this long to do so when Gannett did it immediately.

What do you mean? Are you referring to the copyright at the end of a newcast/on a website? Because those did change once Tribune took over.

Instead of saying "Community Television of XXX Copyright 2014" now it just says "WDAF Television Inc. Copyright 2014".

Some groups just don't impose their identity on their stations as much as others do. I've never seen a Tribune Broadcasting endcap since they started outsourcing their news, and I've never seen a mention of "Tribune Broadcasting" outside of their 1994 graphics package. Even though they're doing a universal Fox package, Tribune is very keen on individual brands. And I don't see that changing much, since Peter Ligouri, who took a suite of channels that all started with the name "Discovery" and changed them into completely different brands and even channels, is running the show.

Archived