Fox Sports North's Studio Becomes Sponsored

Thundershock MN

A little late to the party. But, with the start of the baseball season the Fox Sports North studio has been rebranded. Following the trend in radio they have obtained a presenting sponsor for their studio rebranding the space as "Mall of America Studio." I'd bet most people won't realize it's sponsor and think "Mall of America" refers to the location of the studio. So, It's not the worst name in the world, I guess.

I don't believe the branding extends to the Fox Sports Wisconsin shows (Brewers Live & Bucks Live), though.

Anyway, This is the first television "sponsored studio" in the market. Well...second if you count WCCO's "Cambria Studio" in the street level space of the CBS Radio building. But, that is a unique hybrid retail showroom/ studio. So, although not as rampant as it is in radio right now. It's probably inevitable more and more television folks will start to follow their broadcasting brethren down the "sponsored studio" road.

A little late to the party. But' date=' with the start of the baseball season the Fox Sports North studio has been rebranded. Following the trend in radio they have obtained a presenting sponsor for their studio rebranding the space as "Mall of America Studio." I'd bet most people won't realize it's sponsor and think "Mall of America" refers to the location of the studio. So, It's not the worst name in the world, I guess.

I don't believe the branding extends to the Fox Sports Wisconsin shows (Brewers Live & Bucks Live), though.

Anyway, This is the first television "sponsored studio" in the market. Well...second if you count WCCO's "Cambria Studio" in the street level space of the CBS Radio building. But, that is a unique hybrid retail showroom/ studio. So, although not as rampant as it is in radio right now. It's probably inevitable more and more television folks will start to follow their broadcasting brethren down the "sponsored studio" road.

Did they refresh the studio as well? And did they add any signage to showcase Mall of America? FOX Sports San Diego started branding their studios this season as well, as the Southwest Airlines studio. Seems like a gimmicky thing from corporate.

Did they refresh the studio as well? And did they add any signage to showcase Mall of America? FOX Sports San Diego started branding their studios this season as well, as the Southwest Airlines studio. Seems like a gimmicky thing from corporate.

Nothing major that I have seen. Most of the references (so far) have been aural. I have yet to see any signage/branding save for a visual display of the logo while discussing the partnership on air. They are adding some signage/branding to the skyway level viewing area. Although, that has no chance of appearing on air.

I don't expect much signage/branding within the studio. As mentioned I don't believe the branding extended to Fox Sports Wisconsin. So, any visual branding would need to happen via monitor or be removable/changeable.

Nothing major that I have seen. Most of the references (so far) have been aural. I have yet to see any signage/branding save for a visual display of the logo while discussing the partnership on air. They are adding some signage/branding to the skyway level viewing area. Although, that has no chance of appearing on air.

I don't expect much signage/branding within the studio. As mentioned I don't believe the branding extended to Fox Sports Wisconsin. So, any visual branding would need to happen via monitor or be removable/changeable.

Ahh I see. Funny how FS Wisconsin has to rely on FS North for their pre-game stuff, they should invest and separate the two entities, but I digress. Here FSSD add the Southwest Airlines logo on the monitor in front of the desk and aside from verbally saying it, that's pretty much it.

One of the strangest ones is the "Call Sam" studios at Fox Sports Detroit. Literally an ambulance chasing law firm is the sponsor.

Surprised Ilitch didn't jump at the opportunity to slap the "Little Caesars" brand on it.

Ahh I see. Funny how FS Wisconsin has to rely on FS North for their pre-game stuff, they should invest and separate the two entities, but I digress. Here FSSD add the Southwest Airlines logo on the monitor in front of the desk and aside from verbally saying it, that's pretty much it.

FS Wisconsin doesn't really "rely" on FS North so much as the their operations are intertwined with each other. Like most of the Fox RSN subfeeds that became "offshoots" they are still linked to their "parent" on some level. The management of the "parent" usually maintains oversight of the "offshoot." For Example, FS North's SVP/GM is also SVP/GM of FS Wisconsin. The same applies for the SVP/GM's FS-Midwest, FS-Southwest & FS-South and their various "offshoots." They do have some sales and on-air staff based in Milwaukee, though.

Unless something has changed FS Wisconsin usually does the pre/post-game on-site when the Bucks & Brewers are at home. The only time the studio is really needed is during away games. They just switch the branding in the studio. Here is a gallery of the studio in FS North trim & FS Wisconsin trim.

The talent rarely intermingles between networks. For example, one of FS Wisconsin's main studio anchors, Jeff Grayson, is based here in MSP. However, to the best of my knowledge he has never appeared on FS North.

So, FS Wisconsin's operations are nominally "separate" from FS North.

Surprised Ilitch didn't jump at the opportunity to slap the "Little Caesars" brand on it.

FS Wisconsin doesn't really "rely" on FS North so much as the their operations are intertwined with each other. Like most of the Fox RSN subfeeds that became "offshoots" they are still linked to their "parent" on some level. The management of the "parent" usually maintains oversight of the "offshoot." For Example, FS North's SVP/GM is also SVP/GM of FS Wisconsin. The same applies for the SVP/GM's FS-Midwest, FS-Southwest & FS-South and their various "offshoots." They do have some sales and on-air staff based in Milwaukee, though.

Unless something has changed FS Wisconsin usually does the pre/post-game on-site when the Bucks & Brewers are at home. The only time the studio is really needed is during away games. They just switch the branding in the studio. Here is a gallery of the studio in FS North trim & FS Wisconsin trim.

The talent rarely intermingles between networks. For example, one of FS Wisconsin's main studio anchors, Jeff Grayson, is based here in MSP. However, to the best of my knowledge he has never appeared on FS North.

So, FS Wisconsin's operations are nominally "separate" from FS North.

I see. Here, FSSD is a sub-feed of Prime TIcket in L.A. and all we get from them is the live sports and some pre/post game shows. Everything else including Padres games and the Pre/Post and any other Padres related programming is done out of San Diego. FSSD's GM came from FS Ohio and he's done a pretty good job of giving the channel it's own identity- as opposed to it being a carbon copy of Prime Ticket.

Archived