New FOX TV stations websites on the way...

lazynetjunkie

It looks like there's a new a new website on its way to many of the FOX TV stations.. FOX Chicago has been running some promos for http://www.foxjoxchicago.com lately. It's a website for viewers to upload their own videos from local high school sports. I just went to the site and it appears there are still some kinks to be worked out on the site. However, Chicago isn't the only city that has the site. KSTU also has the website. Their domain is http://videoupload.myfoxutah.com . I noticed WNYW is working on their http://videoupload.myfoxny.com page. I wonder what other stations are going to get this website. I guess someone could take the time to type in each http:// videoupload . myfox ( city/state name ) .com to see who else has got something.

I didin't think big city stations like WNYW and WFLD would care about high school sports.

I know. It would be a perfect fit for a southern Fox O&O like WHBQ in Memphis, yet they don't have a site like this up yet (nor has anything like it been promo-ed).

I didin't think big city stations like WNYW and WFLD would care about high school sports.

I know. It would be a perfect fit for a southern Fox O&O like WHBQ in Memphis, yet they don't have a site like this up yet (nor has anything like it been promo-ed).

I'll be surprised if they don't have something like this up for KDFW/KRIV/KTBC up by fall. High school football is huge in Texas.

The FoxJox Chicago site works fine when I went there. I believe you have to download/upload the video thingy to get everything to work. On-air promos (and occasional mentions during various newscasts) have been running for awhile. At least this site looks better than the main web site for WFLD.

I didin't think big city stations like WNYW and WFLD would care about high school sports. Do they even have high school sports highlights on their newscasts?

Yes, Chicago highlights high school sports on their newscasts. Heck, WFLD has their PrepStar of the week which is either a local high school or local college athlete. Chicago seems to cover more high school sports than I've seen in other markets. However, for the most high school sports coverage, you'd have to watch Comcast Sports Net Chicago. WFLD comes second in high school sports coverage.

Who comes first, WBBM?

LOL Now that's comedy. From what I hear and read (especially here at TVNT) poor WBBM doesn't seem to come in first on anything except the channel number. And even then, they are still 2nd ;)

I'll be surprised if they don't have something like this up for KDFW/KRIV/KTBC up by fall. High school football is huge in Texas.

Same goes for WITI and WLUK.

I didin't think big city stations like WNYW and WFLD would care about high school sports. Do they even have high school sports highlights on their newscasts?

Yes, Chicago highlights high school sports on their newscasts. Heck, WFLD has their PrepStar of the week which is either a local high school or local college athlete. Chicago seems to cover more high school sports than I've seen in other markets. However, for the most high school sports coverage, you'd have to watch Comcast Sports Net Chicago. WFLD comes second in high school sports coverage.

Who comes first, WBBM?

Uhh.. I thought I said for the most high school sports coverage, you'd have to watch Comcast Sports Net Chicago which makes them "first".

Archived