Ideas for new packages

Here are a few thoughts:

Gari Communications: Take the NBC 10 News Theme from Eve Songs & combine that with Track 50 from Disc 1 of NBC Flagship, & there's the start of a great new NBC package.

Stephen Arnold: Take the Convergence bumper track from NMN, overlay the Counterpoint reopen track, add the signatures from News Matrix, Metropolis, & The Spirit, & he may be on to something.

615 Music: Add the KING 1999 News Theme to The Tower Version 1.

Post your ideas here.

Have any of you seen Teen Kids News? It's like this newsmagazine anchored and reported by kids. (Produced by adults, of course) It's their fourth season and they just started with new eppies last Sunday - this one is just something from last January - http://tinyurl.com/y3zg5d). The theme music is by Michael Karp (WCVB | Ern Anderson | "Bringing a World of News...") He's a good composer, but those cuts are EVERYWHERE! Open, feature teasers, bumpers, closes - it's CRAZY!!!

If Stephen Arnold, Gari or the guy that did that last Global News music theme (before the new Global mandate reared it's head) could do an custom news package based on that signature, it would be music heaven. And I'm talkin MORE than one theme! :p

Have any of you seen Teen Kids News? It's like this newsmagazine anchored and reported by kids. (Produced by adults, of course) It's their fourth season and they just started with new eppies last Sunday - this one is just something from last January - http://tinyurl.com/y3zg5d). The theme music is by Michael Karp (WCVB | Ern Anderson | "Bringing a World of News...") He's a good composer, but those cuts are EVERYWHERE! Open, feature teasers, bumpers, closes - it's CRAZY!!!

Oh, I hate that theme. Teen Kids News sucks anyway, Jenna (Rosanna Scotto's daughter) and John are the only ones on there that are the least bit good. Lauren and Siena are the worst. I have a feeling they make them talk like that.

I think they gave John the axe... as did Cody. You know, it's a shame - Frank and Kathie Lee's son out (I'd understand if it was for school purposes), and he was the only one who said his first and last name too! (second season)

I'd love to see a theme done by 615 Music with the CBS "I Love Chicago, Chicago My Home" signature done in the style of Impact V.4, Tower V.3, or Right Here, Right Now. The theme would be composed for a CBS O&O (KCBS, perhaps?) and be called "The Eye".

• 2 weeks later...

New idea for the CBS Enforcer (I Love Chicago, Chicago My Home) geared toward NBC stations:

Bear with me, as I try to explan music mechanics into typed words. But in a nutshell, it would be something like: "I love Chicago, N-B-C" (the NBC chimes). The C chime would be a "stepoff", if you will, into the bumper cut.

If you have ever listened to WFAA's "Evolution" theme by Stephen Arnold, on the late-night news open cut (the cut that sounds the clubbiest with techno/electronica undertones)...listen to how the very last musical note of the theme signature steps off into the bumper cut. It's as if the last note of the theme signature is the first note of the bumper cut. It's the same principle here with "The Enforcer - NBC Version".

On...let's say, The Enforcer classic version, v1, the NBC chimes can be accomplished by those giant chimes (where you use a small hammer/mallot to play the notes)

On the New Generation half of the Enforcer package (see WBBM's late night cut on Gari's website, www.garicomm.com), the NBC chimes can be done using heavy-metal guitar riffs, with some snare drums playing steady beats during the N-B-C. If you can imagine this in your mind, tt may sound little like a garage band, but I think that's what I may be going for, at least with the one cut that I am talking about.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks ;D

Archived