20 Years Ago Tonight.....

CircleSeven

.....was the premiere of The WB Television Network.

The comedy shows of The Wayans' Bros., The Parent Hood, Unhappily Ever After & (that forgotten show) Muscle, all premiered on Wednesday Night, January 11, 1995.

The United Paramount Network would premiere five days later on the 16th.

Both networks would later fold in 2006, as their parent companies form the new CW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsFxH5R_0cw

Video Courtesy of Mtvcops of YT.

Am I the only one who seems to have problems playing that video? It seems to play a few seconds, then pauses and reloads, then continues playing for a few seconds, pauses and reloads, etc., etc. There's no audio, either. I've reloaded several times and it still happens.

Edit: Nevermind. Found the problem.

And tonight' date=' the CW gets big time gold! with a GOLDEN GLOBES win for Gina Rodriguez as best actress in a TV comedy for 'Jane the Virgin' ! Not bad for a lil netlet

Not to mention, the CW was the only OTA broadcast network to win a golden globe (their first win) this year, the other nets (CBS, NBC, abc, fox) were all shut out. The awards were given to cable and streaming media (Netflix, amazon). To me, as a "joke" and "loose" as the awards is skerewed by many the public, the association is willing to embrace the diversity more sooner than the Emmys. And that's a good thing.

Note: sorry typing from my iPad.

Archived