WJTV New Set?

promoguy98

They're due for one since their set was one of the previous-generation FX sets.

I'll bet WBTW and WRBL are next. Maybe WJBF as well, but they were the last to re-incarnate the old-style set when they moved out of Television Park and in with WAGT.

I really don't think WBTW is going to get a new set. They just got an upgrade 2 years ago and the set still look newer than the other two stations and it is the oldest (2007) with WPDE (2010) and WMBF (2008). The only thing I can think of is a new graphic package in the future but oddly enough WBTW set can last another 2 years.

Some stations have been better than others with cosmetic upgrades (like the duratrans).

WSLS was the very first MG station to go HD in 2007, and they just upgraded this past fall. (Imho, the set they replaced was a cheap, lousy one, especially under their last look.)

WBTW and WJHL's sets probably have some mileage left on them. WRBL may be further down the road given they were the smallest MG station for the longest time and last of their full-service legacy stations to upgrade to HD (from 4x3).

Since WHLT is a semi-satellite, I wonder where they are under WJTV's plans....

• 3 weeks later...

Looks pretty good....it almost has a "Devlin" vibe to it, even though it's most likely an FX set like the others.

The branding does seem curious and transitional....seeing as the tease contained the usual NewsChannel 12 logo with the cresent, a modified "WJTV 12" logo WITHOUT the crescent, and the previously mentioned "WJTV" logo with the CBS eye and crescent....

Archived