Oh, NBC10...what have you done now?

ElliotJones

http://video.nbc10.com/player/?id=118996

PHILADELPHIA -- Every day, the NBC 10 Investigators are working for you. They show you that sometimes you can't let people push you around, put you down and take advantage of you.

NBC 10's Lu Ann Cahn always tries to stand up for you, but Tuesday night she told us exactly what happened to her -- in a very public way. And that's why she was fighting back.

"Look, let's be really clear about something up front. Is this the worst thing that's ever happened to anyone? No. Is it upsetting? Yes," Cahn said. "And after telling our viewers to stand up for themselves and fight back, I didn't think I could just sit around without calling out the guy who rummaged through my underwear drawer."

Cahn knocks on the door and tells the man inside, "I'm looking for your son."

Arthur Goldman was actually charming, Cahn said, and he invited her and an NBC 10 camera crew into the apartment where he lives with his comedian son, Peter Goldman.

Peter is better known as Danny Ozark, and he's sometimes a guest on 94.1-FM WYSP's Kidd Chris Show.

"While we were there, things got a little wild, and umm ... her lingerie drawer was examined," Ozark said on the radio, telling the world how Cahn's house sitter invited him to her house while she was out of town and he went through Cahn's personal stuff.

The Daily News called her about it Monday, and Cahn said she felt humiliated. But when she saw Tuesday's article, she decided it was time to go find out who the guy was who did this to her and confront him, not just for herself but for every woman who has had something creepy like this happen.

"Kind of here to teach your son a bit of a lesson. He rifled through my underwear drawer," Cahn told Arthur Goldman.

"That was in bad taste. I feel bad about that," the father replied.

Arthur Goldman told Cahn and her crew that they could go into his son's room.

"Wow, he's 40-years-old, right?" Cahn said.

"Are you the reporter in question? I feel bad," Arthur Goldman said.

"Well, don't feel bad. I'm OK," Cahn told him.

She said it looked like Ozark had some intention of cleaning up his act there for some time.

"I think this is enough, showing his lovely room and the way he keeps it," Cahn said.

Ozark never returned any of Cahn's phone calls, even though he was back on the radio Tuesday saying he'd meet her any time.

"On a personal level, I just was sorry. Like, I don't want to feel guilty. This is kind of cool, because she did her thing," Ozark said on the radio Tuesday.

Cahn said the father said he's sorry, Ozark said he's sorry and now he's hiding from her.

"I think we should make sure he doesn't do this again," Cahn told the father.

"Well, I don't think he'll do it again. He's a pretty intelligent kid," Arthur Goldman said.

Cahn said she knows the story has struck a cord with NBC 10 viewers.

"Some of you don't agree with how I reacted," she said in the studio. "I'm not trying to be self-righteous, but this is how I handle my problems. I confront them."

Here's how some of our viewers reacted.

"I can understand being angry, after all, invited or not, no one has the right to invade one's personal space and property. However, I do not feel that violating another person's property is the answer," - Karen, Bucks County

"Hi Lu Ann--I was the victim of home invasion and I know how you feel. Truly violated. It's something you never really get over. I say go after him with everything you got!!!" - Josephine, Philadelphia

Let's hear it for great, responsible journalism!

PS. It was the Space Shuttle Columbia, not Atlantis that crashed in 2003, not last year as you stated on yesterday's Live at Five, Mr. Dementri. Don't hurt me for correcting you.

PS. It was the Space Shuttle Columbia, not Atlantis that crashed in 2004, not last year as you stated on yesterday's Live at Five, Mr. Dementri. Don't hurt me for correcting you.

PS. Let me correct you, Columbia exploded over Texas in 2003.

PS. It was the Space Shuttle Columbia, not Atlantis that crashed in 2004, not last year as you stated on yesterday's Live at Five, Mr. Dementri. Don't hurt me for correcting you.

PS. Let me correct you, Columbia exploded over Texas in 2003.

Thank you, it's been corrected in the OP. I felt that year wasn't right...it still doesn't seem that long ago.

I just love this line:

"I'm not trying to be self-righteous, but this is how I handle my problems. I confront them."

Oh, I get it, you did what any other respectable journalist would do and do the same thing they did to you, except with cameras rolling.

WCAU, IMHO, has sucked Philadelphia news into a vortex. Their tabloid format was innovative at the time, and other reputable stations had to give into the overhype of breaking news. Now WCAU has really lost its stronghold and has been backing off the tabloid style a bit. But Action News now is the overhype king. They have special music and graphics for breaking news or a developing story. It seems 3 out of 5 days, the news opens up with something that's dubbed "breaking news" or "developing story".

Archived