Global News announces new anchors for Toronto newscasts

xmattx

Global News announced major changes to all of its Toronto newscasts on Thursday, including new anchors and a new name for its flagship newscast.

Veteran politics reporter Alan Carter and former CP24 anchor Farah Nasser will team as co-anchors of the rebranded Global News at 5:30 and 6 (formerly known asThe News Hour), the television station announced Thursday.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1998155/global-news-announces-new-anchors-for-toronto-newscasts/

That's good news. Alan Carter is a great news presenter. Didn't really understand why all of their newscasts had to change anchors. I wonder if the other Global stations will be rebranding their newscasts to just "News at [time]" instead of News Hour etc...

The thing that struck out to me in this article, is that late evening anchor Carolyn MacKenzie is moving over to The Morning Show.

I know this situation has happened before, but I'm still awe-struck to see someone in TV News being moved from the night-side to the early morning.

Ah dang, I thought the rolling wheel of news anchors they now formerly have could be marketable and suitable for Global.

Plus, why drop the News Hour name? It created originality over the others.

Oh boy, two anchors AGAIN. Let's see if this can last 3 years.

Ah dang, I thought the rolling wheel of news anchors they now formerly have could be marketable and suitable for Global.

Plus, why drop the News Hour name? It created originality over the others.

Oh boy, two anchors AGAIN. Let's see if this can last 3 years.

Crystal could`ve anchored the news hour just fine and that other guy on the weekend was fine.

Archived