As NECN unveils its refresh, WNEU to add news this summer

Samantha

With New England Cable News rolling out its new studio facilities, NBCU announced today that its Telemundo O&O WNEU will get 6pm and 11pm newscasts this summer. Five new journalists are being added to the NECN staff to facilitate the expansion, which will also utilize NECN footage and studio space.

Telemundo will also be the only live Spanish newscast at 11pm in Boston, as Univisión only produces a live 6pm broadcast.

The station hopes to have news on air by the end of next month.

(And is it me or was Telemundo the first thing I thought about when I saw the photos of the new NECN set? What a coincidence!)

With New England Cable News rolling out its new studio facilities, NBCU announced today that its Telemundo O&O WNEU will get 6pm and 11pm newscasts this summer. Five new journalists are being added to the NECN staff to facilitate the expansion, which will also utilize NECN footage and studio space.

Telemundo will also be the only live Spanish newscast at 11pm in Boston, as Univisión only produces a live 6pm broadcast.

The station hopes to have news on air by the end of next month.

(And is it me or was Telemundo the first thing I thought about when I saw the photos of the new NECN set? What a coincidence!)

I love NECN and it's about time NBCUniversal expanded their news commitment, made by Comcast, to Boston. I think Bostonian Latinos will surely get a kick out of this.

Archived