Amanda Davis arrested for DUI AGAIN

Guest NewsHound

Guest NewsHound

You would have thought Amanda Davis, former FOX 5 Atlanta anchor, would have learned her lesson by now. Right?

WRONG!

She has been arrested again, for the third time, for DUI. And the timing couldn't have been worse, she was just about to start her new contributor job with WGCL.

WGCL released a statement, Davis voluntarily asked to take a 'leave of absence' even though she just got there. I can only suspect that her time at WGCL is going to be over long before it started.

Here's the link to WGCL's statement: http://www.cbs46.com/story/29321939/statement-regarding-the-arrest-of-amanda-davis

Here's the AJC article about her arrest: http://m.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/veteran-atlanta-news-anchor-amanda-davis-charged-w/nmc6X/

I'm torn on how to feel. Normally I'd feel sorry for her, but at this point I'm wondering how many more lives she's going to endanger by her recklessness. Looks like FOX 5 made a good call way back when to let her go.

Yesterday this was all on social media, and she even went on WVEE-V103 to give her side of the story a couple of weeks ago about the 2012 DUI. It on the radio station website where she said it was more of being a distracted driver vs. being drunk. Yes, this is her third DUI, but we have seen many television personalities get DUIs down the road.

Yes, she a mother and read many stories of drunk driving and she does know better. Do I think FOX 5 was wrong to let her loose. IDK, because before this 24/7 news cycle. There was a time where news personalities would have their issues (whatever they would be) they would take a leave of absence get help and come back on-air. You would either know what was going on with that anchor from the local paper.

Bill Bonds the King of Detroit News was on the bottle, and he took time off the news and came back. By late 1994/1995, they totally removed him from the station. The point being they gave him chance after chance.

In Amanda Davis, case yes she got her first DUI back in 1991, followed by another one 2012 and again in 2015. Do we see a pattern here yes, but maybe she's in denial about her drinking. She was apart of new commentary for another local station which she was about to come back, but now it seems the comments in the online community on other forums are "She needs help and hopefully she'll get it". Other post online I've seen are "Everybody has seen her throw em back, and didn't know she drinks like that." It seems in the Atlanta media circles it known, but nobody never seems to say anything about it. I hope it doesn't take her life anybody else's life for her to wake up!

First she needs to get help, and maybe if CBS46 will allow her to be apart of their new project she could comeback and give her own story.

P.S. Do we know beside Amanda & Bill Bonds we're there other news anchors that have had problems with drinking?

• 2 months later...

Archived