WOI finally gets some respectable weather graphics

alaskanews

WHBF uses the same ones.

I don't care for them. Especially when they show the forecast for "Tonight", they use the Circle part of their logo, and it doesn't match the background at all.

Otherwise, it's fine.

WOI as well as WHBF (and I assume KLKN and KCAU) have openers saying "With the power of 5 live radars". First of all, I never see 5, I only see 1. Second of all, they are not live. I hate when station's make false claims. ::)

How are WOI's ratings, anyone know? I assume they are still bad.

WHBF uses the same ones.

I don't care for them. Especially when they show the forecast for "Tonight", they use the Circle part of their logo, and it doesn't match the background at all.

Otherwise, it's fine.

WOI as well as WHBF (and I assume KLKN and KCAU) have openers saying "With the power of 5 live radars". First of all, I never see 5, I only see 1. Second of all, they are not live. I hate when station's make false claims. ::)

How are WOI's ratings, anyone know? I assume they are still bad.

http://www.kcci.com/download/2007/0619/13533129.pdf

still in the toilet but better than when i worked there. WHO is gaining on KCCI, im really glad to see that, i never was much of a fan of KCCI

Who knows? Last night, KCCI did run a promo congratulating Couric on being Central Iowa's most watched evening news (or something to that effect). As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that KCCI REALLY has going for it is a promotions department that could make a bad case of indigestion for Kevin Cooney sound like a major victory for the station.

Couric #1 In Central Iowa???, I CALL BULLSHIAT.

Last numbers I saw Brian Williams and Charlie Gibson were fighting it out for first in DSM with Couric coming in a very distant third. I'm surprised CBS affiliates haven't been lining up to yank the cord on the "Couric experiment" in their respective markets. I almost feel bad for top-rated stations like: WRAL, WTVF, WIFR, KCCI, KIRO, and KFMB for having to show the garbage heap that is Couric's evening newscast. I can't imagine the effect Couric's dismal numbers have had on their ratings for early-evening news.

Archived