KMID Using Old Gannett/Tegna Graphics...Illegally?

Big Country News

I was looking through videos from KMID on their rarely updated Youtube Page, and I saw that their morning graphics had the old Pyburn Gannett backgrounds in them.

[yt]D_zYcTlvvPE[/yt]

Look in the background at the glass elements. You can notice that they are backgrounds from the previous Gannett package.

Seen Here: https://vimeo.com/19345541

I know Nexstar hasn't updated KMID in... ever, but really?

Hate to burst anyone's bubble here, but those look more like Digital Juice JumpBacks than the actual graphics from Gannett (or Fox).

I know they look similar...

Hate to burst anyone's bubble here, but those look more like Digital Juice JumpBacks than the actual graphics from Gannett (or Fox).

I know they were from some stock library....I was being mostly sarcastic (tone does not travel well here!)

That's what I figured.

The sad thing is, that the old Gannett package is so bad, it LOOKS LIKE something done by Digital Juice!

Now the old FOX O&O look.....was it actually distributed freely to FOX affiliates to use at little or no cost? I know that NJJ's "Fox 1998 Afflilate Music" package was like that...

That's what I figured.

The sad thing is, that the old Gannett package is so bad, it LOOKS LIKE something done by Digital Juice!

Now the old FOX O&O look.....was it actually distributed freely to FOX affiliates to use at little or no cost? I know that NJJ's "Fox 1998 Afflilate Music" package was like that...

I'm not 100% sure, but it's very possible it was free considering the number of very small market Fox stations that picked up a version of those graphics. (WFFF, KEVN come to mind.)

Archived